Talk

Advanced search

Teeth straightening

(21 Posts)
Rainbowgem9 Wed 07-Feb-18 18:57:34

Hi there mums!

I am currently looking into teeth straightening on my upper abs lower front teeth. I’ve been to a few dentists which have recommended Invisalign but I’ve had two quite different prices for the packages - as well as prices for upper and lower Aligners.

I was just wondering if anyone had had Invisalign/ adult braces and the cost?

Any info is appreciated
Thankyou

Lulemon Wed 07-Feb-18 19:05:32

Hi Rainbow

I’ve had Invisalign fairly recently. My teeth weren’t too bad so I only needed the Invisalign lite instead of the full treatment. Lasted 6 months and now all done!
It was on special offer at the time for around £1500 including whitening and appointments, but I had to pay separately for the retainers for after treatment (around £300 for 3). I was quoted over £4000 by another dentist so there are a huge range of prices!
So pleased with the results. It’s a bit weird to get used to for the first few weeks, and bear in mind that they’re not invisible and can only be taken out 1-2 hours/ day for eating! Worth it though, and good for the waistline 😆.

Hope this helps!

ememem84 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:11:56

I'm going through invisalign at the moment. have been quoted almost £4k. but that is reasonable for my area (channel islands where everything costs a fortune - i paid £61 to see my gp today. thats standard for a half hour consultation, prescription, bloods).

my dentist told me i should be done within a year. so heres hoping.

its not something i jumped into. i did a lot of research, and finally took the leap after knowing people who have had it done.

Rainbowgem9 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:20:56

Thankyou - I’ve been quoted £4400 for a comprehensive package with retainers/whitening and it’s just more than I thought - such a large investment when I have my family to think of..I know it would be worth it but it’s soo much. But I do live in an ‘expensive’ area is Surrey so it’s bolstered by 50% I imagine hah

Rainbowgem9 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:21:50

Wow at paying for a GP! X

Oblomov18 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:25:02

I too am looking for the cheapest deal. And I'm in Surrey!
My top teeth are ok, my bottom front 2 have a big gap, and one had started to turn quite badly. That's what I want addressing.

How do I get the cheapest deal?
I don't care how long it takes or what it looks like, price is the key thing to me.

Do I go to London? You don't want to be travelling for hours, because that wouldn't make it cost effective.

I can't get my head round the fact that someone quoted pp £1500 and other £4000.
How is that possible.

Faez Wed 07-Feb-18 19:27:13

I have an Inman aligner for my crowded lower teeth, treatment should be around 3 months and the total cost is 1800

Faez Wed 07-Feb-18 19:27:39

And I'm west sussex

Flomy Wed 07-Feb-18 19:30:02

I had train tracks. I paid £2000 in total for top & bottom set. They were on for 2 years. I paid £100 a month to the surgery. That included a retainer.

Whitening was £300 on top, but I didnt bother.

I recently broke my retainer. It cost me £50 for a replacement.

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Wed 07-Feb-18 19:31:59

I'm paying about £4500 for invisalign. It's full course, top and bottom and includes any refinements. I'm on tray 18 of 23 and my teeth look soooo much better. Bloody expensive but I've had massive insecurities about my teeth for decades.

Flomy Wed 07-Feb-18 19:34:19

My £2000 included monthly adjustments.

Im very pleased with the results. I didnt care that everyone could see them either.

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Wed 07-Feb-18 19:48:10

Just to add, I change my aligners every 7-10 days so my full course will take 8 months instead of a year. I opted for this over train tracks (which would have been £3500) as it was faster, I wanted the control of seeing the end result on computed before paying the main amount and I really didn't want extractions. Train tracks would have meant extraction of 4 teeth, invisalign use interproximal reduction, which is painless and I have kept all my teeth! I had overcrowding, crooked teeth and an open bite to correct (could only bite with my back molars, which were getting very worn)

FJCE83 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:49:01

I paid £3000 for fixed braces with the top ones being white instead of metal. This included 2yrs of follow up appointments and one set of retainers, additional retainers are £75 each.

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Wed 07-Feb-18 19:49:20

I think to look at I prefer train tracks! It's obvious you are having work. Invisalign just makes people wonder why you have lumpy teeth blush Thankfully I am not easily embarrassed.

Rainbowgem9 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:31:21

Thankyou everyone for the advice! X

saveyourkissesforme Wed 07-Feb-18 20:43:03

I can't remember what I paid exactly. Either £3500 or £4000 all in i think including retainers, whitening and a refinement. Very pleased and almost at the end of treatment. Would recommend my dentist highly. I'm in Surrey. Please message me if you'd more info about the dentist. In my view it's important to be geographically close to the dentist as there are many appointments. I've done weekly wear which is also fairly uncommon I think.

blinkineckmum Wed 07-Feb-18 23:07:29

I have just finished 6 month smiles. It's a cosmetic fix like Invisalign but with white braces. They don't remove any teeth.
Cost £2750 including retainers and whitening.
I hate the result. My teeth are straight but prominent.

Lulemon Wed 07-Feb-18 23:29:12

I had my Invisalign done in Kingston - Pearl Dental. Not the most luxurious of practices but they are efficient and straight talking. They also often have various offers on.

MinnieMousse Wed 07-Feb-18 23:52:19

I was quoted Invisalign for 2k - top arch only and the "lite" treatment. The dentist said I was on the cusp of being suitable for it and it might not work out how I want it, in which case they'd have to refer me for further treatment. I was worried about how much it could end up costing so I didn't go ahead with it.

I've also had a quote for 6 month smiles too - 2.5k for top arch, taking 6-9 months with a tooth-coloured fixed brace but I'm not sure whether to go ahead or not.

saveyourkissesforme Thu 08-Feb-18 00:06:45

Did you have a full clinical check for invisalign as that is what they usually do to calculate the number of retainers needed? When I signed up there was an offer on and I could have opted for a lighter option or full treatment. The full clinical check (which takes a while and has to be sent off for review / can actually take some toing and froing as it sometimes needs to be tweaked) showed that I actually needed around 45 retainers. With typical fortnightly wear this would have taken 90 weeks. I'd be wary of a six month smile unless your teeth are already pretty good. That's only 13 retainers for fortnightly wear.

ememem84 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:36:31

rainbow yep. Here (Channel Islands) we pay for gp. It does mean that I can guarantee to see a gp in my practice same day (may not be my gp but if it’s urgent I don’t care). We also pay for out of hours and non essential a&e trips (this is relatively new. They won’t necessarily not see you but if you present at a&e with a cold for example, unless you have an underlying health condition they’ll keep you waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And will send a bill via your gp if they do end up seeing you before you’ve given up and gone to boots to buy Lemsips.

Anyway. I digress.

I went for my Invisalign apt today. Saw the model. It’ll take 80 weeks. So roughly a year and a half. Ish. But can be shortened if I get on well with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now