Talk

Advanced search

Foundation FAIL - The Ordinary

(10 Posts)
newsparklythings Wed 07-Feb-18 13:43:54

After watching people rave on YouTube about The Ordinary foundation, I decided to give myself a birthday treat and ordered some. Carefully watched people swatch the colours online, and chose the one that looked the same shade as my usual Bourjois Healthy Mix.

Decided I have fairly light and pink toned skin so went for the second-lightest shade in the 'pink' if anyone is familiar with them.

Put it on this morning in front of the bathroom window, lots of daylight - looked fine. Got to work and looked in the mirror mid-morning - and it had turned completely orange!

Was faced with the decision of walking around looking like I have been tango'ed all day or without foundation on at all (the horror) - and chose the latter. Lucky I had baby wipes in my bag.

Why has it done this? Has anyone else experienced similar?

Ellapaella Wed 07-Feb-18 14:00:13

I have two of their foundations in two shades. One of them is an excellent colour match and doesn't oxidise at all, I love it. The second one is awful, bright orange and goes really patchy. Both are the coverage foundation.
The one that is a good match for me I chose the shade after using 'findation' - the bad one was just a guess.

Ellapaella Wed 07-Feb-18 14:02:21

Are you sure you are pink toned? A lot more people are yellow toned than they realise imo! I spent years assuming I was pink toned and buying hundreds of foundations that never matched and always went orange. Maybe try a yellow toned and see how you go? It's cheap as chips so could be worth a try. Anything that ends in 'Y' or 'YG' in that range is yellow toned.

newsparklythings Wed 07-Feb-18 15:43:40

Thanks Ellapaella yes it's the coverage version, this one : The Ordinary 1.2 P Light

I chose the pink toned because the YT videos I watched said if you look at your skin and you can see reddish areas then you are likely pink toned. Haven't been properly assessed by Mac or anything.

newsparklythings Wed 07-Feb-18 15:48:19

I tried Findation, it is actually giving quite 'neutral' matches, hmm

Softkitty2 Wed 07-Feb-18 15:58:52

Mine is the same. Freshly applied is ok. As soon as i got to work it had oxidise. The horror

DancesWithOtters Wed 07-Feb-18 16:12:57

I've read this several times about The Ordinary foundation. Hmm. I was tempted to have a go but I keep hearing stories about people turning into pumpkins.

newsparklythings Wed 07-Feb-18 17:06:46

I keep hearing stories about people turning into pumpkins

grin

Anjelika Wed 07-Feb-18 17:16:34

I colour matched using the Mac shade I have (which if anything is a bit light). The colour I was matched with & then ordered is way way too dark. I've put it away for when I go on holiday in the summer but even then I think it will be too dark.

Madonnasbiggestfan Wed 07-Feb-18 17:23:34

I saw QVC comments complaining their foundations are too yellow, a lot of people had bought the pinker versions. So I steered clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now