Talk

Advanced search

Jumper styles for apple shape (with new mum yum)

(7 Posts)
sar302 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:14:34

Hi all on S&B,

I pretty much joined Mumsnet for the love of this board! Now hoping please for some advice.

I'm a typical apple shape and even more so 9 weeks after birth of first child. I can never find a jumper that looks flattering, so have stuck to cardigans for years. I'm now sick of them! I see people in gorgeous jumpers all the time and I think they look so much more polished - even the casual ones. I want to wear jumpers!

Any advice on shapes / or specific suggestions? Happy to spend up to about £50 (possibly more once the remaining baby weight has gone). Allergic to wool - never tried cashmere though. Tummy usually a 14-16 whilst everything else is a 12-14

Thank you smile

sar302 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:15:26

Should say mum tummy - feeling less yum currently!

scampiesandchips Wed 07-Feb-18 13:17:05

I'm an apple and I get on really well with H&M jumpers. Yes, it's a bit 'fast fashion' and they don't last forever but in terms of shape, style and colour choice, you can't go wrong. Hush also have some nice ones.

I wear boat or V necks as these balance out my hips. Longline knits are your friend; they cover a multitude of sins around the tum and make your torso look longer rather than cutting it in half by finishing on the hips.

sar302 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:55:09

I'll try both of those, thank you! Have been eyeing up Hush and waiting for an excuse to make a purchase...

deaddeadgood Wed 07-Feb-18 21:27:13

Phase eight becca?

mayhew Thu 08-Feb-18 09:54:55

Same shape...however my daughter is 24!
Avoid anything boxy. H&M have some nice ones this season.
Agree with previous posters
: v-neck is lengthening
: hip length better than shorter
: slight drape flatters
: bright colours are uplifting
: finer knits work better
: shirt underneath frames your face and neck

sar302 Thu 08-Feb-18 10:23:02

Thanks both, that's excellent! I think Im going to definitely have to try some bits on, as it definitely sounds like fit is just as key as a particular style!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now