Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Long wool / cashmere jumpers

(11 Posts)
peonylover22 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:00:23

Has anyone seen any nice longish jumpers recently? I’m 5ft 10 and looking for something finishing low hip / top thigh. Size 10 or a small. I prefer wool or cashmere and don’t like roll necks. I like the colour palette in Jigsaw and Brora but everything looks really short...

megansmandstop Wed 07-Feb-18 11:11:49

This from Celtic and Co. The best lambswool I have ever found, doesn't bobble, and made in the UK. Worth the ££, same sort of price range as Brora and Jigsaw but far superior quality. I think I got a 10% code recently but didn't keep it, might be worth searching or signing up to their newsletter.

I sized down, I'm a UK10 and usually buy a small in most places but this swamped me. I'm not as tall as you though.

www.celticandco.com/womens/knitwear/supersoft-slouch-jumper

Ollivander84 Wed 07-Feb-18 12:33:54

Woolover. I'm 5ft 10 and got this but size down, I'm a busty size 14/16 and wearing a medium
And some colours are in the sale!
https://www.woolovers.com/womens/jumper/womens-cashmere-and-merino-chunky-v-neck-jumper-grey-2999

MulhuddartDrive Wed 07-Feb-18 12:41:47

Brand alley has some nice cashmere blends at the moment.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 07-Feb-18 13:32:09

Poetry and Wrap

SnippitySnappity Wed 07-Feb-18 14:27:07

brora have got some longer lengths - I'm 5 ft 9, and this is a great length:

www.brora.co.uk/shop/cashmere-gauzy-polo-neck-41260

or anything in the waterfall range - agree you have to be careful, some of them are obviously not for the taller of us!

peonylover22 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:52:00

I like that snippity! How baggy is it? I prefer things quite fitted rather than super loose. I also like the Celtic one

SnippitySnappity Wed 07-Feb-18 15:54:38

i would size down - it's quite baggy, i'm a 12 but I've got it in 8-10. If you're anywhere near a shop, Id be inclined to get them to recommend a few longer things as they do usually have a few things.

I agree celtic is lovely quality too.

RosieLig Wed 07-Feb-18 19:41:52

Oooh- I like that Celtic one too. Is it itchy? I can normally only do merino wool or cashmere. Thanks!

JDSTER Wed 07-Feb-18 21:04:09

megan that Celtic one looks gorgeous. What colour did you go for?

megansmandstop Thu 08-Feb-18 07:38:47

I've got the light grey from a few years ago. Am tempted by the cream or beige though!

I don't really find any wool itchy, so I can't advise, plus I always wear a thin long sleeve top under any knit wear as I wash wool as little as possible. It's lambswool, so not super soft like cashmere, or smooth like merino, just good lambswool.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: