Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Fit flops - are any of the styles acceptable?!

(47 Posts)
chalkyc2 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:26:35

After many years of running I am currently suffering from very sore Achilles and pain in my foot. I generally wear brogues, Chelsea boots and converse high tops....all of which are making my feet hurt more right now!! I really can't bring myself to look at sketchers and can't wear trainers all the time. Are these totally awful?!? I tried them on and they were literally so comfortable and cushioned my poor feet, but I can't decide whether they are awful granny shoes or sort of ok...

https://www.fitflop.com/uk/en/shop/womens-autumn-style-offers/f-sporty-leather-sneakerboots-with-shearling-p-I74-001

They also have them in metallic which might make me feel better about my silver converse!

https://www.fitflop.com/uk/en/shop/womens-view-all-uk/f-sporty-perforated-leather-sneakerboot-p-K38-536

So...yes or no?!? Or any other ideas for cushioned comfortable trendy shoes/boots that aren't trainers or sketchers?!?

DianaT1969 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:49:00

I'm not a fan of those styles. Wouldn't all black be better? Less obtrusive.
I live in their toe posts in the summer precisely because they are so supportive and comfy.

Badumdumdum Wed 07-Feb-18 09:50:41

I love them. But I am not remotely fashionable.

HoosierDaddy Wed 07-Feb-18 10:05:07

Do you have a Skechers shop with their full range? I have a pair of their boots that don't look like Skechers at all, but are very light and cushioned like their runners. I will try to find a pic online, but I don't think their website likes me!

teta Wed 07-Feb-18 10:17:32

I really like them. But then again I live in my Fitflop trainers/Snow boots/ flip flops as they are just so comfy. But I also think they look good. But my dc disagree grin.

chalkyc2 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:21:37

Haha - I don't like many of the styles tbh but do like the sneaker boots and ugg style ones. I don't like those playing black ones they look odd. I want a pair of comfy converse!! I bought a pair of ash high tops but they're not comfortable either 😳

chalkyc2 Wed 07-Feb-18 10:22:01

*plain black ones

PerfumeIsAMessage Wed 07-Feb-18 15:30:24

I have them in white and black. They are great for plantar fasciitis if that is your foot problem?

They're a hell of a lot nicer than most of the hideous styles fitflop do! The white ones especially are great in summer, like superga but leather and a million times more comfy.

chalkyc2 Wed 07-Feb-18 22:07:37

Yes I think it might be plantar fasciitis. Ow! With Achilles problems to boot. Yes I think they're the best on the website but still unsure!

My first link has disappeared!

HoosierDaddy Thu 08-Feb-18 09:04:44

Cannot find these on Skechers website, although it isn't very long since I got then in the store. You might think they are hideous, but they are too comfy for me to care 😂

chalkyc2 Thu 08-Feb-18 09:47:51

Thanks - they're not really my style but worth considering. I found the vionic website which looks more promising..

HoosierDaddy Thu 08-Feb-18 10:33:56

They are very nice indeed! I need to step away from thread... my house is coming down with shoes as it is

ElspethFlashman Thu 08-Feb-18 11:38:33

Sadly Converse are THE WORST for plantar fasciitis. Unless you get orthodic insoles you may have to put them in the back of the wardrobe for this year. I had it, and after a year of Fitflops and Sketchers, it's gone completely.

I switched from Converse to Stan Smith's, I find them incredibly comfy and supportive.

Frankiewears Thu 08-Feb-18 11:49:50

I found Fly London excellent when I had foot issues -the Mes type sole.

DerelictWreck Thu 08-Feb-18 11:56:04

sympathies on the PF! I've had it for ten years and counting sad

teta Thu 08-Feb-18 12:07:17

Fatal - I’ve just ordered two pairs of Vionic tan boots in the sale.I wanted paler-colour heeled boots for spring and these look lovely and more importantly comfortable .
The last pair of Fly boots I wore I fell boobs first onto a packet of jammy dodgers. As I was lying sprawled on the ground , I looked to up to see my Twins cross faces saying ‘ mum you’ve squashed our jammy dodgers’!
No sympathy for me whatsoever and I never wore those Boots again.
Felt I would be tempting fate if I did.

LIZS Sat 10-Feb-18 15:27:33

20% off sale Fitflops this weekend with free delivery. Just order some boots for £26!

Fosterdog123 Sat 10-Feb-18 15:54:29

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FUCKING POUNDS????? They've got to be kidding. www.fitflop.com/uk/en/shop/womens-new-arrivals-view-all-uk/loosh-luxe-cross-slide-leather-sandals-p-M05-137

chalkyc2 Sat 10-Feb-18 18:06:56

Haha that's weird - they're AWFUL!

CountFosco Sat 10-Feb-18 21:52:59

I've got these for work which I really like. I struggle getting loafers to not slip off but these stay on fine.

CountFosco Sat 10-Feb-18 21:54:19

Oh, meant to say I tried some of the metallic ones but they felt too cruise ship so went straight back.

CointreauVersial Sat 10-Feb-18 23:01:07

Do FitFlop come up wide or narrow?

teta Sat 10-Feb-18 23:07:46

It depends on the style cointreau The loafers are generally narrower than the sneaker/lace-up styles.It does state on the website which shoes are wider than average.
I’ve fallen in love with the fake-fur sneakers, but my kids say they’re disgusting.

CointreauVersial Sat 10-Feb-18 23:22:16

Hmm. I have wide feet, but am after loafers.

chalkyc2 Sat 10-Feb-18 23:23:22

I have ordered the furry sneaker boots. Will report back!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: