Talk

Advanced search

I found a hand cream that works!

(31 Posts)
WinnerWinnerChickenDinner0 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:22:27

Finally I’ve transformed my scaley cracked winter hands grin
I buy every hand cream going, and this cheep as chips one is fantastic so I thought I’d share

forcryinoutloud Tue 06-Feb-18 21:27:30

Thank you, I'm glad you've found a good one, it's miserable having dry sore hands (and feet!) which of course is a lot worse this time of year. I have just bought some Nivea but will bear this one in mind for next time.

MilesHuntsWig Tue 06-Feb-18 21:31:00

Awesome thank you, I have about 7 different types on my desk at work that I rotate around trying to find hand cream nirvana. I’ll give this one a try too!

SheepySheepy Tue 06-Feb-18 21:32:30

Yay! Enjoy your normal hands (feel your scaly pain!)

autumnboys Tue 06-Feb-18 21:32:44

I use this too - I have a tube in my desk at work, so the office smells amazing?!

autumnboys Tue 06-Feb-18 21:33:38

Not sure why the ?! - it is great stuff though. smile

ParkheadParadise Tue 06-Feb-18 21:34:11

I use that, it's great also use the lip balm.

HopelesslyHopeful87 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:35:21

Child's farm stuff is excellent too.

Growingboys Tue 06-Feb-18 21:36:42

I am obsessed by hand cream, or the quest for the perfect one. Haven't tried this one but will now, thank you OP.

The best I've found is Clarins. I have Working Hands on my desk at work, and Herbacin Kamille Handcreme by my bed. I've also tried approximately six billion others.

My least favourite is that fisherman's one that just turns to wax on your hands.

Going to enjoy this thread (I know I need to get out more).

RickOShay Tue 06-Feb-18 21:36:44

Thanks, my hands are so rough at the moment.

WinnerWinnerChickenDinner0 Wed 07-Feb-18 17:32:35

Hope it works for you all.
It’s nice and thick but absorbs really well. At the moment just a nice blob at nighttime is doing the job.
Long may it last 🙌

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 07-Feb-18 17:44:28

We have diprobase and just use it after each time we wash our hands.
It doesn’t fix them immediately but in the long run it really helps mend skin and make it more able to cope with life!

SoFancy Wed 07-Feb-18 18:23:20

Thank you! Will give it a whirl.

I am also on a quest for The Ultimate Hand Cream. It used to be Aveda Hand Relief <snigger>, but since hitting 40 I need something more industrial.

bakermummy21 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:00:47

I've been searching for the perfect hand cream for ages and just discovered Waitrose Jasmine & Peony hand cream. Love it and it's the best I've tried in a long while.

blinkineckmum Wed 07-Feb-18 23:09:32

Only Aveeno works for my very dry hands.

RickOShay Thu 08-Feb-18 09:12:10

Have ordered some, my hands are so cracked and sore, I think it is the cold.

welshmist Thu 08-Feb-18 09:18:09

L'occitane the rose one works on my hands and strengthen my nails work it in at night now I have strong nails without it they split. Ladies used to put it on at night and wear cotton gloves in bed I read once

MaureenNervosa Thu 08-Feb-18 09:20:52

Have also ordered some. My hands are so dry at the moment and I've got hangnails despite using cuticle oil every day. I'll give this a go.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Thu 08-Feb-18 11:52:30

I've actually just bought some of this today and it's lovely! My hands smell delicious and first impressions are very good; they feel very soft and smooth.

ilovecardigans Thu 08-Feb-18 19:35:45

Hello, Winner - many thanks for the recommendation. I have tried so many different creams and lotions for my horrible winter velcro hands and no joy so far. I bought your Palmers coconut oil hand cream today and after just one application I've noticed a significant difference! Will keep using it and hope to have normal hands by the end of the month. Thank you so much!

Glitterkitten24 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:39:52

RAGE!!!! I bought new hand cream today, I picked this one up twice —but put it back down cos the smell would make me hungry and I’m on a diet—and bought Vaseline. Which is greasy and disappointing so far! angry

ilovecardigans Thu 08-Feb-18 20:06:08

Oh Glitter! Go back and get the good stuff. It does smell lovely, but not in a tastebud titivating way (if that makes sense).

Glitterkitten24 Thu 08-Feb-18 20:13:59

ilove do you know what, I’m going to go buy it tomorrow! Life is too short to wait for hand cream to dry and reapply every 10 mins! 😂

welshmist Thu 08-Feb-18 20:14:35

These might be worth investing in

www.amazon.co.uk/Aboat-Moisturizing-Gloves%EF%BC%8CWhite-Cotton-Gloves/dp/B06XRG5C65/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?keywords=hand+cream+gloves&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1518120766&sr=8-1

ilovecardigans Thu 08-Feb-18 20:19:07

Too right, Glitter! Based on my experience, you won't need to reapply very often. Which is just as well, because I left my newly purchased tube on my work desk! Noodle!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now