Talk

Advanced search

Can I have a fringe with curly hair? How?

(20 Posts)
carriewintermeadow Tue 06-Feb-18 17:32:25

My hair is curly and frizzy and grows from a peak at the forehead. Can i have a fringe? If you're in this situation how do you manage it, i.e blow drying, straightening?

I've never had a fringe because it won't lie flat but I fancy one to see if it suits me.

Jammycustard Tue 06-Feb-18 17:33:06

I did, I used to blow dry it round a brush.

PETRONELLAS Tue 06-Feb-18 17:36:09

There’s an app called Style Me where you can see what you’ll look like. I think it depends on your face shape but can look a bit much. Or a bit 80s.

JackietheBackie Tue 06-Feb-18 17:41:05

No. After 44 years of and numerous haircuts where I decide that a fringe would be the answer to all my hair problems, followed by tears and months and months of growing it out, I would say no. Unless you are willing to either spend a lot of time and effort on blow drying and straightening. Or you like the full bush of pubes on your forehead look.

Cheekyandfreaky Tue 06-Feb-18 17:42:22

You can but you will need to style it. Personally I wouldn’t and I have loosely curly hair but then I am very lazy and prefer no styling.

I had one when I was about 20 which was very long (from the crown forward- never again) so that kind of helped with styling as the shorter it is the more the hair will spring up.

I then had a side fringe which I could easily sweep back- that was okay, but to get the full effect it needed to be blow dryer straight/ straightened. I got really bored of the straight fringe, curly hair look though.

Babymamamama Tue 06-Feb-18 17:49:18

You could do a keratin treatment?

crackerjacket Tue 06-Feb-18 17:52:02

Honestly it does depend on where you live too - if it's constantly damp and rainy you'll be fighting a losing battle.

robertaplumkin Tue 06-Feb-18 20:00:45

i love my curly fringe. i don't do anything to it.

UsernameInvalid66 Tue 06-Feb-18 20:26:29

Me too, roberta. I don't like the look of a straight fringe with otherwise curly hair - it's kind of obvious that one of the other isn't natural!

senoritachiquita Tue 06-Feb-18 21:26:14

I have very curly hair and also wear my fringe curly. Yes it is a bit 70s but I like it and like to think I am a bit Farah Fawcett! I Apply curl cream and twist the hair into loose curls when wet then dry naturally.
The pic that I often show hairdressers is from the John Lewis jeans ads which featured a curly fringed model here goo.gl/images/kFbyd1

3luckystars Tue 06-Feb-18 21:27:35

I think definitely not. No way.

Trills Tue 06-Feb-18 21:28:38

You CAN

I don't know if you SHOULD though

Titsywoo Tue 06-Feb-18 21:28:55

A straight across fringe. No. No, no, no, no.

A sort of slanted side type fringe might be ok.

senoritachiquita Tue 06-Feb-18 21:45:13

Here is Rihanna rocking a curly fringe, I think it can be done as long as you don’t have it all cut thick and straight across... some soft layering and defined curls around the face is essential goo.gl/images/qbzBGq

carriewintermeadow Tue 06-Feb-18 22:14:06

Thanks . It's always damp and rainy here! I think I've decided NOT! grin

Auldspinster Wed 07-Feb-18 10:37:05

I've had one for the last 8 years, just dry it with the straightening nozzle or use mini straighteners.

Auldspinster Wed 07-Feb-18 10:37:40

If you google Freha Beha Ericson my hair is kind of like hers.

Tanaqui Wed 07-Feb-18 13:24:14

I think it only works if you have proper thick curly hair- like the model above and Rihanna! Otherwise it tends to form into one curl down the middle at the merest hint of damp or wind.

Auldspinster Thu 08-Feb-18 12:50:31

My hair is very fine but i have masses of it, i need to have a blunt heavy fringe.

omBreROSE Thu 08-Feb-18 13:21:29

I have very wavy hair. I have a fringe.
It ishard work though.
But,l want this style and must suffer for my beauty!
I actually like very curly hair with a fringe- looks wild!
In my case though...one fat pube!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now