Talk

Advanced search

What will help me look younger?

(13 Posts)
milkyman Tue 06-Feb-18 15:16:37

I'm 42 and starting to age - what would help (not botox etc...)? I've heard a brow reshaping works wonders?

OutyMcOutface Tue 06-Feb-18 15:21:05

Retinol is popular.

Spartacunt Tue 06-Feb-18 15:30:47

Good brows! And a fringe ...

mrslebon Tue 06-Feb-18 16:50:38

Threading! I have my top lip and chin done and it's amazing how anti-ageing it is. It's also great for eyebrows although I just tend to use tweezers and a good eyebrow product - the Bobbi Brown long wear brow pencil is a thing of wonder. Also, depending on your skin type, look for products that contain hyaluronic acid, retinol and glycolic acid. What is your skincare routine like?

MadameBronte Tue 06-Feb-18 17:21:51

Get your teeth professionally whitened. Makes your whole face look much fresher.

KellyMarieTunstall2 Tue 06-Feb-18 18:43:36

An eyebrow tint and shape.
Definitely agree with teeth whitening, not Hollywood white, just a few shades.
Light make up.
If your hair is straight, add some waves.
Think about your wardrobe, trendy it up a bit.
I am 44, always trying to look younger ;-)

milkyman Wed 07-Feb-18 10:18:48

How much does tooth whitening cost?

mrslebon Wed 07-Feb-18 11:35:53

I know someone who has just had teeth whitening done via her dentist for £250. That covered the cost of making the trays to fit snugly to your teeth plus all the products.

BadTasteFlump Wed 07-Feb-18 11:58:47

Definitely agree with sorting out eyebrows. I've had a few comments lately that I'm looking 'really well' despite feeling half asleep

The only difference in my appearance is that I had a session with a make up artist recently, who made my eyebrows look bigger/fuller without the drawn on scary-brow look. I was shocked by how much better I looked and have been copying her ever since.

I also make time to put on at least some make up every morning - years ago if I went without I just looked younger - now I just look much older....

RoseWhiteTips Wed 07-Feb-18 12:37:54

MadameBronte

Get your teeth professionally whitened. Makes your whole face look much fresher.

Teeth are not meant to be white. It looks fake.

Aridane Wed 07-Feb-18 12:50:51

It depends how white!

Less yellow teeth will certainly help for a start (not that I know the colour / state of OP's death)

specialsubject Wed 07-Feb-18 13:23:54

smiling.
Good posture.
Less makeup. (thick red and black circles add a decade - saw it done to Miriam Margolyes and even on a pensioner it has this effect).

MadameBronte Wed 07-Feb-18 20:24:48

rose it depends what you deem 'white'. Certainly Tippex white teeth can look false and too try hard, and slightly ridiculous. But whitening your teeth a few shades brighter instantly lifts your whole face and makes you look much fresher.

It's very rare for anyone to have naturally thick and luxuriant eyelashes as they go into middle age, but that doesn't stop middle aged women from using mascara does it?

Are we all meant to walk around with our faces totally natural then, with zero enhancement?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now