Talk

Advanced search

I need anti ageing and cleansing advice please

(5 Posts)
brewsandbooks Tue 06-Feb-18 10:06:28

Hey everyone,

So it turns out that wrinkles are upon on me confused I have no idea what anti ageing products to buy ? Im 27 and have spot prone skins because of PCOS , could please tell me what products have worked for you smile

Also what other skin products you swear by for cleansing toning etc I don't think wet wipes are working out to great for me 🙈

Thank you

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Fri 09-Feb-18 00:09:20

Bumping this for you.

DianaT1969 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:07:32

Apparently wet wipes are bad and drying (learned that on MN). I like Superdrug's hot cloth cleanser - great smell, creamy and my skin looks better. Check out The Ordinary website too - highly recommended here and reasonable. Seen good reviews for Superdrug's own Simple range serum. Haven't tried that yet, but plan to.
The no-brainers are sunscreen. Every day. Even in winter. More sleep. Drinking plenty of water.

I know you're only asking for skincare advice, but thought I'd mention PCOS sufferers report major improvements on the low carb bootcamp thread.

VeggieforJan Fri 09-Feb-18 08:41:53

I use the BodyShop Chamomile cleanser in a tin, very mild and non irritating. Use a flannel with warm water to rinse it off, this will give some exfoliation too. I love Pixi Glow Tonic as an exfoliating cleanser, but others hate it. I either works for you, or doesn't. Then a serum. I use Vichy Aqualia Thermal. Tried other things, but always go back to this.

All this being said, my skin is hating Winter! I have had a breakout on my chin that has required certain products to get it under control, that would sound too complicated if I tried to describe it, but is working to get it under control!

BagelGoesWalking Fri 09-Feb-18 11:56:55

Second the Body Shop Camomile Balm Cleanser. It's lovely and has 100/ms of fans.
You can follow up with a creamy cleanser like La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser but anything low or non foaming is good.

A lot of people like the addition of a few drops of Rosehip oil (the Ordinary) before or with moisturiser. I prefer Marula oil but I have drier skin.

You could also try a hydrating toner like Benton Aloe Toner - meant to be good for oilier skins. You'll need to patch test - it has snail filtrate which some are allergic to. You can easily get sample sizes of this off eBay. Use a Korean seller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now