Talk

Advanced search

Best Fitting Jeans for a Slim Hourglass ??

(15 Posts)
RockinHippy Mon 05-Feb-18 13:14:23

15yo DD has just been caught out buying a pair of Mochino jeans on Depop, seems the seller thinks she's slimmer than she is & my DD thinks she's a lot bigger as they are easily 2 sizes too big & to me this was obvious from the photosconfused, though the seller also hasn't been honest on the sizing, nor the condition.

It was quite a lot of money to DD & though I will try & get it back for her, I want to take her out & treat her to some new jeans, especially as she thinks I can work miracles & take the jeans in to fit her, which even given I know my way around a pattern & sewing machine, there's no chance this can be done well.

Soooo. DD is a small size 8, but she is very curvy with a tiny waist & wide hip bones. Meaning buying good jeans is a pain in the bum as they generally aren't cut for her shape. She has health problems so will be exhausted after school, so I really need to cut down the traipsing around unnecessary shops as much as possible.

Can anyone recommend a place to get slim fit black jeans that will be comfortable & fit a slim hourglass shape

Thank you

sportyfool Mon 05-Feb-18 16:37:28

Topshop Jamie come in loads of sizes , they are stretchy so if size down for a tight fit maybe . I'm hourglass and wear them .

BrazzleDazzleDay Mon 05-Feb-18 16:55:26

Im the same shape and topshop have just changed my life by now doing "'in-between' sizes

RockinHippy Mon 05-Feb-18 18:35:28

Thanks for the replies. Weirdly im not getting any notifications at all, so only just seen these confused

She did try & Topshop Jeans but unfortunately no good for her as she doesn't like the styles they have. Turns out she wanted high rise, straight leg which doesn't bloody exist & thought the TS ones looked nice on her, she's dead against wearing skinny jeans.

She's ended up with Urban Outfitters mid rise straight leg as they are the nearest we could find to what she wants. They are a good fit on her, which makes a pleasant change & even better, I didn't realise until we got to the till that they have a 3rd off denim sale on 😊

RockinHippy Mon 05-Feb-18 19:23:59

Aaaaaand even though she chose them & said she lives the fit. She now she tells me she doesn't like them & wants high rise hmm bloody fickle teens

CountFosco Mon 05-Feb-18 19:28:40

ASOS Farleigh might be good. How tall is she? Would a different length fit better at her waist.

Soyalatteforme Mon 05-Feb-18 20:04:30

Crew clothing are good for this. I'm a curvy size 8 - mummy hips with a boys waist and flattish bum and the crew jeans are really flattering.

rightknockered Mon 05-Feb-18 21:18:12

She might do well with Levis wedgie fit straight leg jeans

RockinHippy Mon 05-Feb-18 23:51:14

Thank you for the further replies.

She's 5'5" & not so much boyish, in fact far from it, very hour glass, she has curves & a bum, just petite with it, with a 23" waist that gives her more curves on a small frame IYSWIM

I've just had a look at the Levi wedgies & they do look great, pretty much exactly what she said she wanted & turns out we have a new Levi shop in town I didn't know about, so going to try there first tomorrow🤞🤞🤞

PirateMemoryGame Tue 06-Feb-18 11:39:53

Levi Bold Curve will be perfect.

Amie021 Tue 06-Feb-18 12:25:50

My suggestion: 7 for All Mankind and Levis, although I much prefer the latter. I was in JC Penney's NY at Christmas and stocked up on various Levis, some for $24 dollars, and the most expensive $39 dollars. There were so many styles including legging type as well as skinnies. Just shows how much we are ripped off here!

RockinHippy Wed 07-Feb-18 20:53:32

Thanks again everyone. 😊

Managed to get up to the Levi store today & the Levi Wedgies are a perfect cut for her. I've never seen her so happy over pair of jeans & they do look great on her.

& yes Ami, we are definitely ripped off here with Levi's prices 😫, I'll be nagging her GF to bring her next pair back on his trips to the States. My DH has similar problems, only they don't even sell his size in the UK, yet dirt cheap over there & they won't ship to the UKhmm

Amie021 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:09:26

Rokinhippy: I am so glad you found the Levis to be perfect! It is a pity they cant be shipped over here; I think it's the high customs duty we have to pay and the paperwork. Even Barbour is cheaper in the US.

Chocolateteabag Thu 08-Feb-18 19:16:52

I get Levi Demi curves from eBay now that I know my size

And a tailor should be able to take in the other jeans up the back seam? Mine charges £14 to do this when they fit everywhere else - as they have industrial machines they make a much better job than I can at home

RockinHippy Thu 08-Feb-18 19:40:13

Chocolate, I picked her up a pair of Curves on eBay late last nights, for a real bargain price grin

I am a tailor/seamstress & unfortunately the Mochino jeans are so big it would be impossible to take them in that much without ruining the fit, plus all the twin needle seams make it a really big job. We've opened a PayPal Dispute which will go in our favour as the seller has pretty much owned up to the problem. Though so far she's offering money back🙄 so it will just take a bit of time.

Ami, it's not a problem with customs, I've bought other brands of jeans from the U.S., it's Levi themselves who refuse to ship here. I think the shops here might be franchises, so it's probably part of the deal. So annoying though as they are so cheap over there & for DH with him being very tall, they don't sell his leg length in the UK. Luckily my very old friend & DDs godfather is married to an American & they visit his family a couple of times a year, so they get jeans for DH, but it's daft that we have too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now