Talk

Advanced search

Instead of Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation

(10 Posts)
MarigoldGloveHotel Sun 04-Feb-18 10:52:17

What could I use instead of Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation? I'm Warm Ivory 1.

I've being buying it since their mineral powder was discontinued. I'm sorry I can't remember its exact name, can anyone remember? If I knew that I could do a search to see what others are using!

The Skin Weightless isn't quiet in the same league as the mineral. A pack doesn't last long and it slides off my face, although it looks reasonable on application.

I've got quite sensitive skin and am lazy so I don't want to use a primer. I didn't need it with their mineral powder.

I need minimal coverage, just something to even out my skin tone and reduce any shine. I like a powder not a liquid. I've got the Bobbi Brown pan stick style foundation for higher level skin issues.

I'd like to see the colour on before buying but I'm in a large city so I'm hoping that shouldn't be a problem. I can get to Selfridges, John Lewis or places like Mac or Space Nk.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Fri 09-Feb-18 01:04:33

I was going to suggest Mac studio fix powder. Not sure if they do a mineral one. I have the Bobbi Brown powder you mention.
I assume you’ve been down the Bare Minerals route? Or Lily Lolo (you can order samples online).

I think Clinique also do a powder makeup and it may be ok if you’ve got sensitive skin.

Softkitty2 Fri 09-Feb-18 02:44:08

The new nars radiance foundation or nars sheerglow

Laura mercier candleglow

MarigoldGloveHotel Fri 09-Feb-18 22:29:55

Thanks all.

I'll try Mac, Nars and Laura Mercia. I used to love Laura Mercia products but they discontinued something I loved, can't remember what , and I moved to Bobbi Brown.

I'm not a fan of Clinique, I find the counters scary, but I'll use it as a back up.

I had a horrible experience with a Bare Minerals make-up artist so I've avoided them. I left the counter feeling awful about myself. They said you can't just use the powder, it doesn't work on its own, you need a primer them something then a powder, then another powder. I was overwhelmed by the hard sell. Maybe I should try again.

I don't trust my colour judgment enough to order online-even after trying samples. If nothing comes of the mac, Nars and Laura Mercia I'll brave up and try it.

Do you like the Bobbi Brown skin weightless powder Blah? Do you use primer before application, or any other powder on top?

Thanks again.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sat 10-Feb-18 08:49:32

I don’t use other powder over the Skin Weightless one. Sometimes I would use it over a liquid foundation. I must admit I haven’t used it much recently, but it is a very good stand alone powder foundation. If I remember primer I may use one but my skin is quite fussy at the moment and I’m trying to see if I can just get away with moisturiser and spf.

MarigoldGloveHotel Sun 11-Feb-18 10:48:03

Thanks.

I've got perioral dermatitis at the moment so I should use nothing, but I feel awkward without a cover-up.

ktjb39 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:50:32

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten is good- it's one thing I always rebuy. You could try it from QVC and return if you don't like it.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sun 11-Feb-18 21:11:35

Perioral dermatitis is a pain. Have you had any treatment from the GP for it? I’ve had it many times. Really annoying condition.

MarigoldGloveHotel Mon 12-Feb-18 11:19:06

I've been using Clindamycin, 10mg, twice daily for 6 months with minimal effect. It stops it hurting and spreading but never clears it up.

I was using burt bees nappy cream for a few weeks for the zinc . That had a similar effect to the clindamycin .

Gp wouldn't prescribe me anything stronger topically as it's not bad enough.

I don't suppose I'll get oral antibiotics although I could ask.

It's really getting to me.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Mon 12-Feb-18 16:01:57

You can get topical Clindamycin. I’m surprised the GP won’t give you a topical version. I had some success with plain Fucidin cream. NOT Fucidin H- that has steroid and it won’t help you at all in the long run! Maybe go back and explain the impact it is having on you. That it makes you feel compelled to wear makeup which only serves to exacerbate the problem etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now