Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Converse wedge yes or no?

(11 Posts)
thedcbrokemybank Fri 02-Feb-18 19:43:52

I have just bought these from our local discount shop for £20:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Womens-Converse-All-Star-Platform-Wedge-Trainers-Hi-Tops-Khaki-Boots-Size-5-5-/202190446553?_mwBanner=1

They are khaki green and you can't really see the wedge. I tried them on with my skinnies and thought they looked quite cool. You can't tell they have a wedge.

I am still not quite sure and can take them back if I need to.

What do you think?

espoleta Fri 02-Feb-18 20:19:07

I think they are adorable!

CountFosco Fri 02-Feb-18 20:22:18

I don't understand why you'd take a sports shoe and add a heel. Seems crazy to me. But if you like them then buy them.

Afreshcuppateaplease Fri 02-Feb-18 20:26:51

I have a similar adidas pair i dont have the balls to wear i just cant make up my mind on them

AdidasGirl Fri 02-Feb-18 21:05:01

I'm a trainer collector..Hence my name.
If you like them then go for it.
For me it would be a no.

barefoofdoctor Mon 05-Feb-18 21:07:26

I wear Nike sky highs every day and also have a few pairs of hidden wedge Converse. I love them!

ABuckToothedGirlinLuxembourg Mon 05-Feb-18 21:10:51

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

barefoofdoctor Mon 05-Feb-18 21:14:29

Mandmdirect sell various other styles really cheaply. If your jeans pretty much cover them then I don't see the problem though I wear wedge trainers with skirts/dresses too.

Mulberrysilk Mon 05-Feb-18 22:53:42

They're a bit dated.
Whether that bothers you or not is up to you.

ciele Tue 06-Feb-18 07:51:09

Is the wedge flat or is there a slope? I’m asking because I have a foot problem and am always on the look out for flatform style.

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 07-Feb-18 12:00:22

If you like them, wear them! If they suit your silhouette and you feel good in them then that's important.

If you are asking if they are fashionable then no, they're about 5 years out of date.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: