Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Pre-loved designer bags and Mulberry repairs

(32 Posts)
Laska5772 Thu 01-Feb-18 21:29:36

A while ago someone posted a good place to buy and sell pre-loved bags.. where you could be sure they were genuine..

Can anyone help me find the site again ? .. it was a UK site

Also has anyone posted their Mulberry bag direct to the Mulberry factory to get a quote and repair from them ? How long did they take to knowledge they had your bag ( I am a bit worried about doing so.)

Thanks

Laska5772 Thu 01-Feb-18 21:30:27

Acknowledge that they had your bag. I meant ..

Dailystuck71 Thu 01-Feb-18 22:06:19

Several very good selling and advice pages on Facebook if you are a member.

chloechloe Thu 01-Feb-18 22:42:47

Could the site have been Naughti Pidgin's Nest? Terrible name but I've heard lots of good things about it. I have a bag I never use that i should really send there to sell!

PNGirl Fri 02-Feb-18 07:19:13

I dropped a bag off in person for repair at Shepton and it wasn't that quick - it took me emailing after a couple of weeks to get my quote. The time between that and the repair was fine though.

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 09:29:50

chole no I dont think it was that .. ill have to trawl through a few old thread! I seem to think they were based in NW or scotland..

PNgirl thats helpful i think ill phone them .. I only need a strap repaired ( which comes off but last time i checked they wanted the whole bag sent!.. Its an old darwin Leather Mulberry Effie like this one well used a.. and i have half a mind just to get another strap made locally by a leather crafter ..

PNGirl Fri 02-Feb-18 09:32:09

My repair was a stud on an old darwin Rosemary (mini Roxanne). I paid 30 quid which seemed a lot to be honest but I want to resell and couldn't with the stud missing!

PNGirl Fri 02-Feb-18 09:33:09

I had great service on another Mulberry from The Handbag Restoration Company who are on facebook. Lots of FB Mulberry buyers and sellers use them.

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 09:43:32

oh thanksPN I can see their page and they do look good .. but cant contact them through it as I am not on on facebook and their website isn't working.. do you have an email for them or phone number?

A few years ago Mulberry quoted me £150 for a new strap.. ! I couldn't afford it then , and the bag has been sitting unused all that time sad.. id just like to use it really and if it looks reasonable like am not worried about it not being totally authentic

PNGirl Fri 02-Feb-18 09:52:28

I think it's enquiries@thehandbagrestorationcompany.co.uk.

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 09:58:45

cool ill try that .. it looks like they do bespoke straps.. Thanks a great recommend (love the power of MN!) flowers

Dancergirl Fri 02-Feb-18 10:24:16

Is it Finer Things Aberdeen?

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 10:49:07

Its not! but that's a very good site..
I have also just seen the Handbag Clinic.. anyone used them? they look good also

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 11:06:46

Wow I emailed the handbag restoration company and they emailed me bag within 15 mins with quote! ..looking good ..! ..

frostyfingers Fri 02-Feb-18 11:50:23

Vestiaire Collective?

JJPP123 Fri 02-Feb-18 11:54:34

I used the Handbag Clinic with a Chloe bag that I'd somewhat abused. It came back to me worse than I sent it off, the manager couldn't care left and actually laughed at me down the phone. Their photos of other work looks great but for me I spent £200 to have a bag worth over £1000 made unuseable.

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 12:03:37

sad JJPP .Thats put me right off them..My bag although not worth much anymore is special to meas it was a present and id hate to have that happen. .. I have now had conversations with the handbag restoration co and they are making me a new strap ,( which is all i need) ..and if it all goes wrong ill still have the original.. but they seem very efficient so far.. am hoping for good things from them smile

PNGirl Fri 02-Feb-18 12:04:12

I haven't heard good things about the Handbag Clinic but I've never used them myself.

PETRONELLAS Fri 02-Feb-18 12:07:39

Mulberry Buy and Sell on Facebook are vg. Rigorous on who advertises bags and lots of good tips

SillyMoomin Fri 02-Feb-18 13:15:11

was it labels most wanted? I've used them a few times and always found them to be fab

labels most wanted

Brittanyspears Fri 02-Feb-18 14:44:07

I used the handbag clinic to clean my old oak Bayswater, it came back coated in plastic paint so looked fake and disgusting. The paint peeled immediately, I sent it back again and they didnt really do anything. Don't think I can even sell it now as it looks fake!

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 15:43:50

I have had an email from the Handbag Clinic quoting over double the price of the other.. so definately wont be using them..

Ifonlyiweretaller Fri 02-Feb-18 17:02:14

Laska - NPN bags (the shorter, more appropriate name of Naughtipidgeons nest ) is brilliant. They are based in North of England and I have bought and sold from them far more than I shoud have! It's a lady called Shian who owns it, and she is meticulous about everything.

Laska5772 Fri 02-Feb-18 17:08:13

Thanks all some great recommends here smile

Cheesymonster Fri 02-Feb-18 18:14:53

Finer things Aberdeen are wonderful, I bought my Mulberry Alexa from them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: