Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Special gift for my sister

(24 Posts)
thedayismine Thu 25-Jan-18 14:36:04

Hi S&B - my DSis will be 50 this year and I am hunting for a special gift for her -

I would probably like to get a piece of jewellery- and could spend up to £300 I think .

I have looked at this obsessively as I would love it -

https://www.lilyblanche.com/lily-blanche-memory-keeper-pendant-silver

But wonder if it might be a bit big / cumbersome as its spherical. My DMum also says a locket is old fashioned which may or may not be true .

Also love these - I have one which she admires but am not sure it's as special -
https://www.alicementer.co.uk/collections/cuffs/products/rebecca-silver

Can anyone throw something else into the pot for me to look at ?

Thanks in advance

goose1964 Thu 25-Jan-18 14:53:34

I have a huge crush on Annie Haak,she does some lovely stuff

jamandpeonies Thu 25-Jan-18 15:18:04

This shop has amaaaazing things victoriasewart.com/

thedayismine Thu 25-Jan-18 15:41:17

That's funny goose Dsis mentioned Annie haak recently maybe I should have a look .

kitandcaboodle Thu 25-Jan-18 15:42:10

I've actually got my eye on the rose gold Lily Blanche memory keeper locket - dropping major hints to DH for birthday. He thinks most of the photos inside will be of the dog and not him and the kids! I love the idea of a really meaningful piece of jewellery and lockets are having a real resurgence at the moment - there's a couple of TV stars been seen with them. I think Hermione Norris was one?

slug Thu 25-Jan-18 15:49:13

Contemporary stuff bought from the jewelers You can sort by price and metal.

slug Thu 25-Jan-18 15:50:59

I'm also a big fan of Jenny Llewellyn

expatmigrant Thu 25-Jan-18 16:47:14

I love
ruthtomlinson.com/collections

thedayismine Thu 25-Jan-18 16:48:00

Thanks kitandcaboodle ( great name !) I know ! I think they are gorgeous- I think it may have been Amelia fox on silent witness ?
Slug some especially lovely things on that last link
I can tell I am going to be adding to my own wish list here !!

runthatbymeagain Thu 25-Jan-18 16:59:47

I got the Lily Blanche Memory pendant and love it. It gets lots of comments. I have my kids and my dog in it which I love. They give 10% off if you sign up to the newsletter I think or they did. They also helped me size down the photos.

thedayismine Thu 25-Jan-18 18:23:31

Expat that site is stunning - think it's pushing the budget a bit but I will enjoy having a good browse later !

Faintlinesquints Thu 25-Jan-18 18:25:57

My go to for special jewellery gifts is Monica Vinader - they have some beautiful pieces and always presented so well. Timeless too I got my sil a set of rings which she loved and my mil a gorgeous bracelet recently.

SterlingStoryCo Thu 25-Jan-18 18:33:14

I love the LilyBlanche locket. They are old fashioned, but in a good way!

I make silver and gold jewellery if you would like to take a look www.sterlingstoryco.etsy.com
Although of course it might not be to your taste.

(Sorry if it's not allowed on MN to mention my own business?!)

thedayismine Thu 25-Jan-18 20:13:08

Sterling how talented you must be ! Those are lovely.

I am still tempted to go for the locket as I think she would tell me if it wasn't quite right and it could be returned .

A lot of the Annie haak stacks are lovely but sold out - this is quite nice

https://www.anniehaakdesigns.co.uk/stardust-bracelet-stack

thedayismine Thu 25-Jan-18 20:15:19

Faintline sorry I missed you - yes Monica vinader is good - we have exchanged gifts from there a couple of times - not seen anything this time that I liked as much as the locket !

GinPleaseOrTen Thu 25-Jan-18 20:24:10

Daisies for Emily by Sheila Fleet is beautiful, very simple but gorgeous all the same. In fact I really like a Lot of Sheila's collections - worth a look!

expatmigrant Thu 25-Jan-18 23:06:28

Have to admit Ruth Tomlinson has gone very pricey and more exclusive now. I had some earrings a couple of years ago and looking at her site there is nothing in my price range now either.
I like Monica Vinader too.

Ladybirdbookworm Thu 25-Jan-18 23:53:05

Please have a look at Georg Jenson
Absolutely beautiful ....

DustOffYourHighestHopes Fri 26-Jan-18 06:36:22

Astley Clarke has a selection of big and little contemporary lockets.

Maccapacca88 Fri 26-Jan-18 08:15:56

I love that locket OP! I'm in my 20s and don't think it's old fashioned at all. What a lovely sister you are to be putting so much thought into this special gift smile. If my sister got me something like that I would be thrilled. I think putting some pictures of the two of you as children in it would be a nice touch.

SterlingStoryCo Fri 26-Jan-18 08:20:10

Thank you- it's always been a hobby of mine.

Just looking again and I really really love that locket you first linked to. It's not just an ordinary locket too. It would make such a lovely gift you can personalise.

Mulberrysilk Fri 26-Jan-18 09:52:08

The locket is lovely but I can imagine it turning black and being impossible to clean.

thedayismine Wed 07-Feb-18 20:35:11

Just updating this thread as everyone was so helpful - in the end my DM sounded Dsis out and it turned out she wasn't sure about a necklace at all. So in the end I sent her a shortlist of bracelets to pick from and she is now getting this - albeit not much of a surprise at least I know she will love it and wear it ! Thanks so much to everyone who inputted - I will keep the lily Blanche locket on my own wish list I think !

runthatbymeagain Wed 07-Feb-18 21:06:23

How lovely! What a great sister you are x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: