Talk

Advanced search

Fillers and pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
ohbigdaddio Mon 22-Jan-18 14:40:23

I went for a tear trough filler consultation earlier today and asked heaps of questions. One question I was asked by the doctor was if I was pregnant or if there was any chance l could be. No to both, but I will be doing IVF in a few months time (after fillers have been done if l do go ahead with them!)

l understand this couldn't be done if l was already pregnant but l totally forgot to ask if there would be any issue if I had the fillers done and then became pregnant further down the line. Does anyone know?

JMAngel1 Mon 22-Jan-18 16:28:53

I wouldn't personally - theory that fillers leach into bloodstream and can trigger immune responses. I think if you're planning IVF would be better not to add any elements of risk that could increase risk of failure. If you get pregnant, you won't need fillers as your face will fill out naturally. So why not wait and see what happens with IVF first?

ohbigdaddio Mon 22-Jan-18 17:38:00

Thanks JMAngel1 I've emailed the clinic to check.

I've already had one failed IVF attempt (wrong place to post about this, I know!) and I'm not sure exactly when I can try again (probably March/April) but there are no guarantees it will work.

But of course the health of my unborn child (if I ever get there) is way more important than these pesky, dark, tear troughs!

As an aside, surely there are women who have 'work' done and then at a later date get pregnant though?

JMAngel1 Mon 22-Jan-18 17:43:34

Aaah all the best of luck for your second and hopefully successful round of IVF.
Yes I'm sure there must be lots of women who have had fillers and then subsequently got pregnant with absolutely no problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now