Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Plain but feminine t shirts?

(17 Posts)
Tatapie Fri 19-Jan-18 13:05:56

Hi Hoping someone can help in my quest for a range of plain ish t shirts. Something with a scoop or cowl neck or v but that isn't so plain it looks masculine ( on me anyway - butch shoulders blush) some sort of 'pretty' or soft detail to make it feminine would be ideal.
But I don't want floral or ditsy prints. I'm a HOC Winter. Budget up to £20 but the cheaper the better. Thank you for reading, fingers crossed.

Tatapie Mon 22-Jan-18 16:50:32

Anyone?!
Nice t shirts?

Please smile

MikeUniformMike Mon 22-Jan-18 16:52:14

Bump.

pointerbrother Mon 22-Jan-18 16:52:19

ASOS is great for cheap basics. Can often get packs of 2 or 3 tshirts which are really nice quality.

arousingcheer Mon 22-Jan-18 17:42:34

Kettlewell has loads of different styles and it's easy to pick your winter colours: www.kettlewellcolours.co.uk/products/tops-tees

arousingcheer Mon 22-Jan-18 17:44:49

Urgh, sorry OP, I missed the budget bit. They are a bit pricey except for the long sleeve tee which is on sale (but not many winter colours left).

teta Mon 22-Jan-18 17:48:00

H&M scoop-neck cotton lace trimmed t shirts - £12.99 I think - blue,black,white n red.Also a pale pink vest lace-edged top which is very feminine.

FaithEverPresent Mon 22-Jan-18 17:50:09

I’ve found some nice stuff like that in Gap.

MikeUniformMike Mon 22-Jan-18 19:14:38

You could try New Look, Dorothy perkins, H&M, Lands End, Boden, and Gap. I have a Baukjen one but don't like it that much.

Footle Mon 22-Jan-18 23:37:02

Cowl necks in cotton or viscose are like hens' teeth. Any suggestions?

EdinaMonsoon Tue 23-Jan-18 00:17:23

Boden do a feminine cut linen tee every spring/summer. They may not be in stock just yet. They wash brilliantly too & are a good weight (some linen tees are ridiculously fine knit).

Tatapie Tue 23-Jan-18 07:06:39

Looks like I need to trawl the high street, H and M sounds promising.
Gap has disappeared from my two nearest towns, but can look online.
I like Kettlewell and don't mind spending the extra ££ sometimes but their stock levels are infuriating!
The Boden v neck linen is ok I have the navy but I don't love it.
Thanks for all the suggestions smile

sportyfool Wed 24-Jan-18 19:25:49

I recently got a black scoop neck t shirt from next for £5 for work but it's actually washed and worn really well. They come in loads of colours .

Tatapie Wed 24-Jan-18 19:28:29

Hey thanks, missed those, just signed up for next unlimited delivery so will take a look!

mowglik Wed 24-Jan-18 19:30:13

La Redoute have loads of cotton cowl neck/scoop neck t shirts, long sleeved, sleeveless etc at a good price

mercurymaze Wed 24-Jan-18 19:34:33

I really like Zara t shirts

Footle Thu 25-Jan-18 19:20:36

Mowglik, thanks for that , I haven't looked at La Redoute.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: