Talk

Advanced search

Is the ankle length trouser dated?

(20 Posts)
PhyllisWig Sat 13-Jan-18 22:40:18

I struggle a lot with trousers but I will be travelling much more for work so need practical , smart and easy.

I see wide legged trousers are quite the thing (channelling my mother) atm but I'm short and curvy. I have one pair that look ok but generally I look better in a slimmer silhouette - slim leg trousers, skimming top, maybe blazer or jacket.

After seeing uniqlo smart ankle length trousers praised on here I have finally ordered a bunch plus their new wide legs to see what works. I am now wondering if I've missed the boat fashion wise.

I guess if they suit me it doesn't really matter but I also don't want to look too out of touch.

Blondielongie Sun 14-Jan-18 09:06:19

Can you link to the uniqlo ones you bought?

I love the ankle skimming trend. I hope they don't become outdated because I have fully embraced and none of my trousers are long now. And I finally have a good variation of good enough shoes and socks that don't look ridiculous with them!! 😂

Pistachiois50pmore Sun 14-Jan-18 09:21:40

Strip of bare ankle still going strong in east London and Soho, so you're still good.

Sickoffamilydrama Sun 14-Jan-18 09:36:24

I'm tall and curvy but with hardly carry any weight on my legs and I to find the skinny ankle length look works best for me.

I can't wear heels so doing brogues and black socks and don't feel dated in fact feel I look more dated in normal trousers.

I'd be interested Blondielongie to see what shoes & socks you wear.

Mulberrysilk Sun 14-Jan-18 10:00:04

No, its not dated.

LiquoriceWheel Sun 14-Jan-18 10:11:23

No but I wish they would go out of style (sorry OP!).

LiquoriceWheel Sun 14-Jan-18 10:17:29

Sorry, should add they they are still very stylish so no worries there OP! smile

Floisme Sun 14-Jan-18 10:32:26

I think they still look current and my guess is that they've got a few more seasons in them yet. At some point they will date and possibly quite badly too, but I'm hoping that's a while off as my ankles are by far the best part of my leg so I love this trend!

ArfInch Sun 14-Jan-18 10:39:52

I wish they would go out of fashion! If you're tall like me (and also not supermodel size, like me) it just looks like you couldn't find any trousers to fit you.

Alas, the bright young things all still seem to be wearing them.

PhyllisWig Sun 14-Jan-18 10:44:48

Ohhhhhh cool, just what I wanted to hear. Although I will need to see what they look look like in before I get too excited as I just never know what any trouser will look like on my weeble shaped frame.

If the do work I was then thinking chunky loafer. I cannot ever get brogues to work but find loafers a bit easier.

I can't do links on my phone but they are the smart trousers when you search under ankle length on the uniqlo website for the Pp who asked. Lots of colours, some reduced.

Floisme Sun 14-Jan-18 10:48:45

Not only the bright young things wink

I do understand your pain ArfInch But after 2 decades of insanely low waistlines followed by extreme skinnies, I am finally back in trousers and bloody loving it.

latara23 Sun 14-Jan-18 11:57:48

I wear ankle grazer jeans as I'm quite short, I like them

Polkadot1974 Sun 14-Jan-18 19:26:23

How does one wear these with socks? I’m a short arse curvy (fatty) and need a ton of new work pants so keen to hear as I really struggle with a heel

Polkadot1974 Mon 15-Jan-18 18:17:45

I am a thread killer it seems

CointreauVersial Mon 15-Jan-18 18:23:06

I wouldn't wear ankle-grazers with socks.

Unless they are the hidden type.

Blondielongie Mon 15-Jan-18 18:27:13

I wear them with Dr Martin's Eliza shoes and dark men's socks. Or bright sea salt ones if I have a colourful top on. smile I wanted the Noah shoes from toast, but couldn't afford at the time. Both shoes are on sale now.

ephemeralfairy Mon 15-Jan-18 18:38:07

I like ankle grazers. They're a classic IMO.

latara23 Mon 15-Jan-18 18:42:17

I wear ankle grazers with ankle boots & knee / otk boots in winter, with ballet pumps or other flats (without socks) the rest of the year.

Otherwise standard length jeans are to long for me & petite length are too short (I'm nearly 5'4"

KatherinaMinola Mon 15-Jan-18 18:43:39

Still going strong round here, worn with novelty socks (leopard print, gold lurex, polka dot).

Fresta Mon 15-Jan-18 19:19:02

Where can I get these novelty socks please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now