Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Nail Varnish dilemmas

(13 Posts)
Kizzibel Sat 13-Jan-18 22:19:36

I rarely wear nail varnish, I can't wear it at work and only really bother for special occasions. I'm going on holiday soon, winter sunshine for 2 glorious weeks and I have decided to treat myself to a Shellac mani pedi the problem is I am clueless about colours! Do you match hands and feet? If not how do you coordinate? What are good colours or combinations to go for? I am out of my depth!

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 22:26:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Growingboys Sat 13-Jan-18 22:30:08

I think it's old fashioned to match both. I have brighter fingernails and usually darkish red toes.

Kizzibel Sat 13-Jan-18 23:03:49

So would you chose the same sort of colours but different shades? Like Pale pink and bright pink for example or just got for 2 completely different colours?

Loonoonow Sat 13-Jan-18 23:11:26

I don't like matching. To me it looks old fashioned, a bit Margo from the Good Life. I have a shellac type manicure pretty much full time and I go for dark metallic shades on my hands. I only bother with my toes in the summer and then I have the complete opposite for a pedicure going for something pale and neutral that I think looks nice with a tan.

Actually I really love a very light French polish as a pedicure but man is very down on that so don't tell anyone I said so.

Wh0KnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Sat 13-Jan-18 23:48:10

For summer I'd go for something bright or dark on toes (coral, wine or similar) and nude or transparent pink on fingers, with maybe a hint of shimmer to catch the sun, but not full-on glitter.

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:49:47

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:50:00

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:51:53

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:52:28

Tartyflette Sat 13-Jan-18 23:55:25

A full-on bright coral looks great on toenails with tanned toes and feet in the sunshine, you could then have a neutral/beige on your hands or a paler apricot/peach colour. Also looks good with a tan.
(Deeply envious, I could do with some winter sun!)

Tartyflette Sun 14-Jan-18 00:04:26

Something like this? (But without the nail art)
amd this for the fingers? (fluorecscent beige )

Kizzibel Sun 14-Jan-18 08:46:16

Oooh Tartyflette I love both those colours! I don't tan but I would like to think I can still pull off something that bright!
Littlelights I'm not a glitter sort of person but I do like the idea of a bit of shimmer smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: