Talk

Advanced search

Nail Varnish dilemmas

(13 Posts)
Kizzibel Sat 13-Jan-18 22:19:36

I rarely wear nail varnish, I can't wear it at work and only really bother for special occasions. I'm going on holiday soon, winter sunshine for 2 glorious weeks and I have decided to treat myself to a Shellac mani pedi the problem is I am clueless about colours! Do you match hands and feet? If not how do you coordinate? What are good colours or combinations to go for? I am out of my depth!

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 22:26:17

I hate matching, I like my finger nails to be a pale colour with a hint of sparkle and my toe nails a brighter colour, with or without sparkles depending on mood.

Growingboys Sat 13-Jan-18 22:30:08

I think it's old fashioned to match both. I have brighter fingernails and usually darkish red toes.

Kizzibel Sat 13-Jan-18 23:03:49

So would you chose the same sort of colours but different shades? Like Pale pink and bright pink for example or just got for 2 completely different colours?

Loonoonow Sat 13-Jan-18 23:11:26

I don't like matching. To me it looks old fashioned, a bit Margo from the Good Life. I have a shellac type manicure pretty much full time and I go for dark metallic shades on my hands. I only bother with my toes in the summer and then I have the complete opposite for a pedicure going for something pale and neutral that I think looks nice with a tan.

Actually I really love a very light French polish as a pedicure but man is very down on that so don't tell anyone I said so.

Wh0KnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Sat 13-Jan-18 23:48:10

For summer I'd go for something bright or dark on toes (coral, wine or similar) and nude or transparent pink on fingers, with maybe a hint of shimmer to catch the sun, but not full-on glitter.

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:49:47

Hint if glitter

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:50:00

*of

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:51:53

They need doing again but I love this colour on my toes nails and the shimmer even better in the sunshine.

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 23:52:28

*they shimmer

yes I need to sleep

Tartyflette Sat 13-Jan-18 23:55:25

A full-on bright coral looks great on toenails with tanned toes and feet in the sunshine, you could then have a neutral/beige on your hands or a paler apricot/peach colour. Also looks good with a tan.
(Deeply envious, I could do with some winter sun!)

Tartyflette Sun 14-Jan-18 00:04:26

Something like this? (But without the nail art)
amd this for the fingers? (fluorecscent beige )

Kizzibel Sun 14-Jan-18 08:46:16

Oooh Tartyflette I love both those colours! I don't tan but I would like to think I can still pull off something that bright!
Littlelights I'm not a glitter sort of person but I do like the idea of a bit of shimmer smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now