Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can I please talk to you about pants?

(13 Posts)
berryferry Sat 13-Jan-18 21:37:35

Got two children under two which basically means I've been wearing big black granny pants from Asda for about 3 years.

Lost all my nice pants when we moved house (literally have no idea where they went and don't want to entertain the idea that the packers might have stole them). They probably wouldn't fit me now anyway.

So I want to revive my underwear drawer and want something pretty but comfy, mid rise I think , I.e not high waisted but not hipster either, bit of lace is nice, Anyone know where I can get such a thing? Is m&s still the place to go?

Pistachiois50pmore Sat 13-Jan-18 21:46:54

I had the same problem, could not believe how comfy the post c-section massive pants were, having never worn anything that big before...but also felt that it was a bit much to just stay in the granny pants forever from age 34. I've compromised on boyshorts. Got some OK (comfy, normal looking, see through enough not to be frumpy) lace shorts from Figleaves. Gap boy legs are okay too but don't wash that well. Still looking for my perfect ones. Back in the early 2000s I used to like the Cosabella soire mesh boy leg, but they're hard to find in the UK these days.

Bellabelloo Sat 13-Jan-18 21:59:22

I used to be a lingerie snob - always had to wear pretty, matching undies. But I'm with my - my c-section pants are the best things ever!! But I feel I should be following your lead, OP, and think about revamping my undies drawer... I liked M&S and Lise Charmel when I wanted a treat.

eastlondoner Sat 13-Jan-18 22:01:18

M&S high leg smile

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 13-Jan-18 22:02:04

I'm trialling sloggi 'weekend' range. So far so good.

theredjellybean Sat 13-Jan-18 22:06:05

Depending on budget... Try what Katie did... I am a lingerie addict and like vintage style.

This company make ranges based on 40's and 50's patterns in modern fabrics.

While you can buy whole sets you could just get the knickers. I am 5ft4 and quite short waisted and they are perfect on medium.

But I do wear matching sets and always wear stockings and my dp loves the retro look so I might be biased

theredjellybean Sat 13-Jan-18 22:06:51

perfect on me

TammySwansonTwo Sat 13-Jan-18 22:18:31

Also living in giant c section pants from Asda. I wore control pants today for the first time ever and now in agony (thanks, endometriosis). Fuck it. It's not like anyone sees them anyway 😂

RedPanda25 Sat 13-Jan-18 22:29:12

I had a bit of a knicker overhaul recently and bought some of these. Really comfy and I like the style. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod107011_100011580107058944_-1

Nicae Sat 13-Jan-18 22:29:37

I was in exactly the same situation. My 2 DC are now nearly 2 and just 3 and for the first time since I started wearing maternity bras I have just got back into matching undies. It made me feel a little bit like my old self - I've also just lost 2 1/2 stone which helps! I know M&S gets a rough time on here but I don't think you can beat it for affordable, pretty underwear.

eastlondoner Sat 13-Jan-18 22:36:53

Oh god I just can't wait to get out of and throw away my maternity bras. Only 7 more months to go confusedsmile

rightknockered Sat 13-Jan-18 23:04:33

Took me 4 years to stop wearing maternity bras and huge c-section pants. Kept a couple just in case

MoreProseccoNow Sun 14-Jan-18 10:57:49

I was always a skimpy thong - until after 2 emergency c-sections.

Now I wear M&S midis. Has to be cotton or they slip down blushin to my c-section shelf

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: