Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is this holiday/summer dress too old for me? (I'm 48)

(8 Posts)
windygallows Sat 13-Jan-18 21:28:18

Purchased this online as love the colours and it fits very well but worried it may be too young for me - because of the the combination of the cold shoulder thing combined with the slight see-thru-ness at the bottom (the orange bottom of the dress is relatively transparent so possible to see up to mid-thigh).

I normally wear plain and dark so this is a bit of a departure for me but worried I'll look like 'mutton dressed as lamb'.

It's for a beach holiday next month.

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/issa-georgia-cold-shoulder-printed-dress/d794230.pd#268178681

ChaChaChaCh4nges Sat 13-Jan-18 21:30:34

Wear it if you like it!

AdaColeman Sat 13-Jan-18 21:32:00

It's perfect for a beach holiday, you will look lovely! Have a fab holiday! smile

Arriettyborrower Sat 13-Jan-18 21:32:02

Age is but a number!

It’s lovely, wear and rock it!

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Sat 13-Jan-18 21:34:05

Echo what others have said, go for it if you like it.

windygallows Sat 13-Jan-18 21:34:08

Thanks all! My normal style is 'nun-chic' so the colour plus all the skin is scaring me a bit! smile

CountFosco Sat 13-Jan-18 21:34:11

Age is just a number and no indication of whether something will suit you. It's a bargain and if you can't stretch your sartorial boundaries when on holiday when can you? If you like it then wear it and enjoy it.

MrsPestilence Sat 13-Jan-18 21:36:04

So long as you watch out for sun burnt shoulders you will be fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: