Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Highlighted hair - help

(4 Posts)
bingohandjob Sat 13-Jan-18 21:22:22

I have golden/caramel blonde highlights on my rather own drab/mousey blonde hair. My hairdresser said last visit to avoid purple shampoo as it's making my gold tones ashy so I'm using sulfate free Joico shampoo for coloured hair. Wash it every two or three days, use conditioner on ends every other wash. Hair lacking bounce and gloss. I use Moroccanoil Light before blow drying/Babyliss Big Hairing.

I feel like my hair could do with a nourishing treatment every now and then - can anyone recommend one? Open to any budget recommendations.

omBreROSE Sat 13-Jan-18 22:17:42

Jojoba oil is really great!
Used as a treatment over night, or just a tiny bit smoothed over the hair during the day.
Make sure to wash it really well if you use it as an overnight thing!

LockedOutOfMN Sat 13-Jan-18 22:42:12

The Moroccan Oil conditioning mask in the pot is brilliant.

Jaxinthebox Sat 13-Jan-18 22:44:21

The Body Shop Banana Hair Mask is amazing. I love it. Cheap as chips compared to other brands but I really like it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: