Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Perfume samples - is this a thing?

(11 Posts)
Babypythagorus Sat 13-Jan-18 19:39:58

I used to wear perfume, before I got old, and exhausted, and jaded, etc etc etc. My partner has just told me how much he liked it. There’s much I won’t do for this reason (eg shave!) but I reckon I can get on board with perfume again. But I have no idea what I’d like any more, and I live on an island in the middle of nowhere, so popping to the nearest John Lewis to sniff things in a shop would take many days and even more pounds.

I used to wear Calvin Klein and Jo Malone. What I’d really like is a tiny amount of each of their smells so I can test them. But I can’t for the life of me find a place on the internet that does this. It must exist!! Mustn’t it?!!!?

Help please, S&B wizards.

QuestionableMouse Sat 13-Jan-18 19:41:54

www.scentsamples.uk.com

Nanasueathome Sat 13-Jan-18 19:44:43

Jo Loves is Jo Malone’s very own brand and I believe they do a kit where you get several different fragrances to try and the price also includes a full size bottle of the perfume you then select from the testers sent
Have a look at her website

Cloudyapples Sat 13-Jan-18 19:49:46

Feel unique does pick n mix which sometimes includes perfume - you pay a few quid but then get a voucher code for the same value for the site m.feelunique.com/pick-n-mix/

mrsreynolds Sat 13-Jan-18 19:52:17

Check out perfume parlour op
Fragrance oils at a fraction of the price means you can order loads and decide what notes you like

Babypythagorus Sat 13-Jan-18 20:03:22

Ahhh thanks both!

That website has a couple of jo malone, amazing.

Could anyone suggest some new things to try? That aren’t too over powering or sickly?

Thanks!

mrsreynolds Sat 13-Jan-18 20:19:30

What did perfumes exactly did you wear?

Babypythagorus Sat 13-Jan-18 20:33:12

Ooh that perfume parlour website is amazing, thanks! That’s exactly what I wanted!

I wore in2u, contradiction and lime and basil. Have ordered a couple from there (contradiction is out of stock, but have tried some others).

Any other recommendations much appreciated!

mrsreynolds Sat 13-Jan-18 20:36:02

You should try Dior addict and narciso rodriguez for her

AppyForts Sat 13-Jan-18 21:13:46

www.notino.co.uk - they don't have samples of all the perfumes they sell, but a good proportion, and they do 1ml, 2ml and 5ml samples.

Also, ebay is your friend!

Gilbert82 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:27:08

Jo Malone blackberry and bay is one of my favourites layered with English pear and freesia smile
I also love Dyptique eau duelle
Oh and Aerin amber musk!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: