Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What’s a good Cleansing Balm Sensitive Skin

(13 Posts)
Diamond25 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:04:16

I have tried Clinique but didn’t really like it. I am in Australia so it woujd have to be a brand that I could get here.

Kochicoo Sat 13-Jan-18 15:22:33

I haven't tried it yet but am about to order the travel size pot of Elemis Pro Collagen cleansing balm to try it. The reviews are really good with lots of people with sensitive skin saying that their skin isn't irritated by it at all.

Skyllo30 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:25:10

Do you have The Body Shop? Their camomile one is very gentle but it doesn’t emulsify unlike the Clinique one so needs a hot flannel to remove.

thethoughtfox Sat 13-Jan-18 16:38:24

Eve Lom one is lovely. It seems expensive but I got one for Mother's Day last year ( I asked for it!) and it's only now nearly finished.

lizardorchid Sat 13-Jan-18 16:59:45

Bobbi brown extra balm rinse is amazing. Lovely lemony smell and my skin has never been clearer.

Diamond25 Sun 14-Jan-18 08:45:49

Thanks I reacted the Body Shop one. I can get Tye other brands here.

moreismore Sun 14-Jan-18 08:47:51

Neals yard calendula cleansed is the best I’ve found for my very dry, sensitive and eczema prone skin. Smells delicious too!

pizzicato Sun 14-Jan-18 09:09:24

I have used A'kin Rose and Geranium Creamy Cleanser and Toner for years. I have sensitive skin and it's great. Look at the reviews online. Is it an Australian brand?

LadyLapsang Sun 14-Jan-18 09:18:54

Not a balm but great for sensitive skin - La Roche Posay and Caudalie. In terms of a balm, Eve Lom.

LiquoriceWheel Sun 14-Jan-18 09:54:27

Simple cleansing oil is quite good. It's also cheap! I have sensitive skin as well and I haven't had any problems. It's great at removing makeup.

BluebellGal Sun 14-Jan-18 10:43:22

Eve Lom or Votary cleansing oils are both lovely

JaneEyre70 Sun 14-Jan-18 10:57:47

My DH has got rosacea and he uses Kalme products.. They are super gentle and very moisturising..... his skin has improved loads since using and I'm very happy to use them too especially the cleansing balm..

Plainandsimple Tue 16-Jan-18 21:29:28

Dont know if you can get it in Australia, but I've recently starting using Elemis Pro-collagen cleansing balm (and ginseng toner and pro-collagen moisturiser) and it's absolutely fine. I have very sensitive skin (which is getting more sensitive each year!) and psoriasis, so the list of brands I can't use is longer than those I can, but I've had no reaction to the cleansing balm at all (and it smells lovely!). I've had one reaction to the toner - part of my face went very hot and red, but I hadn't cleansed my face first so it may have been that. I've also tried a serum which was fine, but can't remember which one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: