Talk

Advanced search

Skinny jeans

(21 Posts)
Steakandchips3 Sat 13-Jan-18 08:51:01

Hi, can anyone recommend some comfortable, soft skinny jeans that are really tight and narrow on the leg so that they can be worn with boots and no bunching up?

I have skinny jeans and jeggings but none if then seem narrow/tight enough around the leg.

ninjapants Sat 13-Jan-18 08:56:31

Next do super skinny jeans that meet your criteria. I have skinny legs and they don't bunch or go loose when wearing. The only thing that slightly annoys me is that the front 'pockets' are just for show, the back ones are actually usable though:
http://www.next.co.uk/g222074s3#167346

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:20:33

Next 360 are great for this and H&M's shaping range, too. Both stay skinny on the leg (I have skinny legs and skinny jeans are generally not skinny on me).

theredjellybean Sat 13-Jan-18 10:25:16

i have some whitestuff skinny jeggings which are super skinny, and so soft and stretchy...honestly best i have ever owned , i love them
i am 5ft 4 and they are not too long and they dont bag and keep their shape brilliantly
I would never have looked in whitestuff normally but was desparately trying to find indigo dark blue straight leg jeans with a bit of stetch...got those too, whitestuff was final shop of day and they had exactly what i wanted.
dd2 suggested the skinny jeggings ( never would have tried them usually either) and i love them, quite unlike stiff or tight thick denim i am used to

Callamia Sat 13-Jan-18 10:27:30

BDG at Urban Outfitters are good for skinny. I’m wearing some now smile

Summerof85 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:31:23

I got skinny jeans from Tuesday at Sainsbury's and they are fab. Mid rise so don't slide down at the back when you bend over and keep their shape well. Only £15 as well, will definitely get more in the future.

Summerof85 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:32:13

Meant Tu not Tuesday!

Spam88 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:35:35

I like H&M super skinnies. Just beware if you're buying online that one of the styles has zips at the bottom that are pretty uncomfortable with boots and aren't mentioned in the product description, so check the photos carefully.

squadronleader87 Sat 13-Jan-18 10:39:09

Zara super skinny jeans are excellent. Soft denim and they wash/wear well.

BoredOnMatLeave Sat 13-Jan-18 11:19:52

I'm a fan of Matalan skinny jeans for this. I had next 360 and they were baggy from the knee down (and I'm very fat so would have expected tight)

Steakandchips3 Mon 15-Jan-18 17:46:48

Thanks for all your replies, I will look into all those options. Some are a little pricey though!

sanitygirl Tue 16-Jan-18 15:30:50

I've tried Sainsburys Tu and H&M and neither are tight enough around the calf/ankle for me. Also H&M sizing is all over the place.
I've just ordered a few different pairs from ASOS so will update once I've tried them all!

PasDeDeux Tue 16-Jan-18 15:47:42

I have just bought a pair of ASOS Rivington jeans that are extremely skin tight, theres not much give in the knee so sitting down is a bit uncomfortable. They look fab on though :D I also have a pair of ASOS Ridleys that are still very tight but more flexible. They were both about £25 I think.

Abkbjbjb Tue 16-Jan-18 15:52:25

Following with interest!!

sanitygirl Wed 17-Jan-18 10:51:20

So none of my ASOS purchases were any good:

Some feedback on how they fit me (size 14, thick waist, slim legs, 5'9)

Missguided tall vice high waisted skinny jeans size 14 - these were the best of the lot, nice and long but were too big around the stomach/thighs and they've sold out of the size 12

ASOS ridley W31 L32 - too tight around the waist - I should have gone for W32 L34 but I'm not convinced they'd be right anyway as with bigger waist the legs will not be tight enough

Monki Oki skinny high waisted jeans W31 - too tight around the waist and too short

Waven Anika high rise skinny jean W32 - these looked promising, but were a bit too tight around the waist

I may give the ASOS ridley a try in the tall size

BlaWearie Wed 17-Jan-18 10:56:55

Gap super skinnies

MrsRoyCropper Wed 17-Jan-18 11:05:44

River island are the consistently best fitting jeans, they are tight fitting right down to the ankle and don’t go baggy at the knee and bum. Also wash brilliantly. I’ve tried loads of brands over the years but all are a waste of money in comparison!

FoofFighter Wed 17-Jan-18 11:18:09

Good ole Tesco F&F.

sanitygirl Wed 17-Jan-18 11:18:30

@MrsRoyCropper do you get the River Island Molly jeans? I think I'll have to give them a try. Do you find them true to size or do you size up/down?

MrsRoyCropper Wed 17-Jan-18 12:58:13

Sanitygirl, I have the molly jeans in black and Amelie in a dark blue. They are true to size I’d say, both are a snug fit. If you prefer a looser fit on the waist you might want to size up but I don’t as I like the tight fit on the leg. They are super flattering!

TealStar Wed 17-Jan-18 13:22:36

H&M shaping skinnies look amazing and last for ages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now