Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with an orange dress?

(8 Posts)
OldBook Sat 13-Jan-18 06:43:44

I recently got a burnt orange dress (A line) that looks great with my figure and skin tone. I have no idea what to wear with it though, especially if it gets cold. Black cardigans/jackets look all wrong, green looks odd as well.

Any advice?

RandomUsernameHere Sat 13-Jan-18 06:49:33

I always think blue and orange go well together

Iwanttobe8stoneagain Sat 13-Jan-18 06:58:08

Grey and orange looks nice, brown and orange look good (if a bit retro) navy and orange look smart

ImogenTubbs Sat 13-Jan-18 07:39:15

Brown knee high boots

Poirotspen Sat 13-Jan-18 08:19:30

Sorry to be a bit "HOC" but the Kettlewell colour chart is quite useful. Any from this page should be harmonious with burnt orange (obviously some will be a bit parrot-like for comfort) but I find it helpful in picking out new combinations:
www.kettlewellcolours.co.uk/season/autumn

ProseccoPoppy Sat 13-Jan-18 08:29:06

I have an a line burnt orange dress - I find black does go as long as there isn’t too much black (black tights look dreadful with it, for example) so I often wear mine with a short black 3/4 length sleeve collarless jacket, nude tights and very simple black heels (needs a slim heel not chunky imo). I have also worn it with a kind of tan/oatmeal coloured cardi (with gold edged buttons) and gold or nude shoes. I haven’t managed to get brown quite right with mine, all looked a bit retro Norland nanny-is

peachypetite Sat 13-Jan-18 08:33:06

Hmm sounds more of a summer dress to wear with gold sandals?

OldBook Sun 14-Jan-18 06:34:21

Thanks all! So helpful ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now