Talk

Advanced search

Swimwear for baby swim class - bad cellulite and stretch marks on thighs

(17 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Fri 12-Jan-18 20:48:58

Help....please. Its not great. Thanks to pregnancy I have bad celullite and stretch marks on my thighs. I am taking ds (13 weeks) to swim class. What can i wear to cover up abit??

Jellybabie3 Fri 12-Jan-18 20:49:20

I mean cottage cheese legs confused

LoniceraJaponica Fri 12-Jan-18 20:53:46

Honestly, no-one will care. Just wear what fits and you feel comfortable in. You will be in the water anyway so no-one will see your thighs.

BillywigSting Fri 12-Jan-18 20:54:49

Have you looked at modesty swimwear (designed for muslim women I think primarily) that covers up quite a bit.

Honestly though I'd just go in a normal one piece. There will be plenty of people with less than perfect bodies there, there will be cellulite, stretch marks, scars, hairy legs you name it.

Just remember most people will be too worried about their own body hang ups to be worried about yours.

Also when you're in the water no one can really see your legs. Could you have a towel to wrap around you as you get out by the side of the pool?

FormerlyFrikadela01 Fri 12-Jan-18 20:54:59

Possible try a swim dress. I know m&s do them.

However if I was you I'd just wear whatever you normally do. I went to baby swim classes and since everyone had just had a baby there was plenty of lumpy bits and tiger stripes.

halfwitpicker Fri 12-Jan-18 20:55:49

Just agreeing with what everyone says.

Honestly nobody will care.

FartsMeanHearts Fri 12-Jan-18 20:56:24

I’ve just bought this:

www.simplyswim.com/products/speedo-endurance-10-boom-tankini-blue-and-black

CoperCabana Fri 12-Jan-18 21:01:53

Going slightly against the grain, if it would make you feel better, it is fine to cover up more. People says it honestly doesn’t matter, but if it matters to you, then it matters. I speak from a different perspective as I have a disability, but still people on here say don’t cover it up. But I WANT to cover it up!

Anyway, if you want to wear a bikini or a regular one piece, go for it. If you want more coverage, there are plenty of options. Have a look for modesty swimwear, swim leggings, leg suits, swim tees etc.

Hope you and your baby enjoy the swim!

BillywigSting Fri 12-Jan-18 21:09:37

Here here Copacabana!

eastlondoner Fri 12-Jan-18 21:17:25

I would just wear your normal swimsuit but if you prefer to cover up just tie a towel around until you're near the water. I hope you have fun.

Strongvegetables Fri 12-Jan-18 21:24:11

As a swimming teacher I can guarantee no one will care/notice. All mums will be focused on there babies and looking for friendly faces.

Ask at reception about wearing shorts or at shirt as some sites will allow it. Or failing that a swim suit with a skirt attached

And enjoy it!

babigailwabble Fri 12-Jan-18 21:26:49

seriously no one will care/even notice/everyone is in the same boat. getting a small baby ready in and out of the water will be a distraction enough.

SevenOf1981 Fri 12-Jan-18 21:32:39

I bought shorts from fatface. They cover up that cottage cheesy but right at the top of my hamstring even though they're quite short, but I feel much more comfortable in them.

mathanxiety Fri 12-Jan-18 21:57:36

Get out there and smile.

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Fri 12-Jan-18 22:05:36

How about something like this legsuit

It's the sort of thing that looks a bit like a tri-suit, rather than screeching 'cover up' as most skirted ones do (though some which are 1950s diva style look wonderful)

thethoughtfox Fri 12-Jan-18 22:08:30

Been through this. No-one is looking at your body. Hold you child over your problem area if needed till you get in the water.

Jellybabie3 Sat 13-Jan-18 03:01:20

Thanks for the links! I think maybe shorts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now