Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Moisturising body cream?

(23 Posts)
Growingboys Fri 12-Jan-18 20:03:40

Can anyone recommend me a nice body cream for after a bath/shower?

Preferably not aggressively scented as I use scent anyway. I'm after something moisturising that isn't so greasy I can get dressed for hours afterwards.

Thank you.

PasstheStarmix Fri 12-Jan-18 20:23:34

Lacura body moisturising lotion from Aldi (in massive navy blue bottle) it's amazing

bingohandjob Fri 12-Jan-18 21:10:24

I know a lot of people don't like the smell but I just don't think you can beat for value and effectiveness Palmer's Cocoa Butter. (I like the smell.) If I justify the cost to myself for something I'm heavy on using, I also love m.origins.co.uk/product/15366/38372/bath-body/moisturize/body-creams/ginger-souffle/whipped-body-cream and the Soaper Duper ginger body cream is a pretty good dupe.

OlennasWimple Fri 12-Jan-18 21:13:24

Clarins is great if your budget can afford it

PasstheStarmix Fri 12-Jan-18 21:15:05

I can't stand the smell I feel like I'm smothering myself in chocolate...much prefer coconut oil but op may find it too oily/greasy

Growingboys Fri 12-Jan-18 21:20:24

Oh I WISH I had an Aldi near me. Might screenshot that recommendation for next time I'm near one, thank you.

I agree re Cocoa Butter and used it for years but am after something a little bit less scented I think.

Any Clarins one in particular?

Thank you all x

PasstheStarmix Fri 12-Jan-18 21:29:56

They make it for dry or normal skin and it contains vitamin e and almond oil; it is luxurious feeling and absorbs nicely, it doesn't leave a greasy feel or any scents behind. This is the link incase you're ever passing:

www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-body-lotion-for-dry-skin/p/005306157169300

Oh and they also sell a beautiful face moisturiser called Lacura Caviar illumination that rivals some extremely expensive brands I've tried.

ChishandFips33 Fri 12-Jan-18 22:04:02

I can't fault Aveeno

Soap and Glory righteous butter but it's smelly (in a nice way!)

Nivea soft

Wincarnis Fri 12-Jan-18 22:10:09

Steam Cream. Unscented, not greasy, and isn’t tested on animals.

PNGirl Sat 13-Jan-18 08:56:56

Superdrug vitamin E is good.

Link

Bambi75 Sat 13-Jan-18 09:10:02

Aveeno every time. Fantastic stuff

onlyconnect Sat 13-Jan-18 09:56:17

I've been trying a few that I saw recommended on here. After years of using the Clarins one, the name of which I can never remember ( its thick and white and called something simple like super hydrating body lotion), I wondered if there's a cheaper one that's just as good.
SuperDrug Vitamin E cream is quite good; the Lush one (again can't remember name but it's unscented, very plain) was rubbish for me, didn't absorb at all
Best so far is Vaseline one in a tub. Really good.

GreyFluffball Sat 13-Jan-18 09:58:55

Aveeno in the pump bottle. I use both the normal one (blue lid) which has a very neutral/no scent and the Creamy Oil (green lid) which has a light almond scent.

loveka Sat 13-Jan-18 10:00:58

After years of using everything from.Clarins to Avon my new firm favourite is Sanex!

It is light and very moisturizing.

anxiousnow Sat 13-Jan-18 10:27:20

Another vote for palmers or body shop butters. Nivea q10 is also lovely. Cheap and you just feel even more shower fresh rather than scented.

Callamia Sat 13-Jan-18 10:28:35

Aveeno. Their body yoghurt (that does sound gross though) is really very good.

Corcra Sat 13-Jan-18 10:34:15

Aveeno is brilliant. I notice a difference
Also loccitane do a lovely almond one. It's amazing. But I'd go through a jar in a week so can't keep buying it for regular use.

BagelGoesWalking Sat 13-Jan-18 11:43:25

I also like Aveeno. At the moment, I'm using Le Petit Marseillaise Body Lotion from a French supermarket.

The Bioderma was recommended in the skincare thread - might be a good alternative (in Boots).

Superdrug do a Vit E Body butter.

skippy67 Sat 13-Jan-18 13:54:36

You can get unscented Palmers lotion

HildaZelda Sat 13-Jan-18 14:24:26

Body Shop coconut butter. I've tried everything over the years and can honestly say this is the ONLY thing that makes a noticeable difference to my skin. It does have a scent, but not overpowering. I don't notice it after I've put it on.

Growingboys Sat 13-Jan-18 20:59:28

Thank you so much all. I fully intend to work my way through all of these, incl the unscented Palmers whose existence was unknown to me until now.

Thank you!

squiz81 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:26:44

Another vote for aveeno!

BuzzKillington Sat 13-Jan-18 21:29:26

Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion. Only body lotion I buy over and over.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: