Advanced search

Moisturising body cream?

(23 Posts)
Growingboys Fri 12-Jan-18 20:03:40

Can anyone recommend me a nice body cream for after a bath/shower?

Preferably not aggressively scented as I use scent anyway. I'm after something moisturising that isn't so greasy I can get dressed for hours afterwards.

Thank you.

PasstheStarmix Fri 12-Jan-18 20:23:34

Lacura body moisturising lotion from Aldi (in massive navy blue bottle) it's amazing

bingohandjob Fri 12-Jan-18 21:10:24

I know a lot of people don't like the smell but I just don't think you can beat for value and effectiveness Palmer's Cocoa Butter. (I like the smell.) If I justify the cost to myself for something I'm heavy on using, I also love and the Soaper Duper ginger body cream is a pretty good dupe.

OlennasWimple Fri 12-Jan-18 21:13:24

Clarins is great if your budget can afford it

PasstheStarmix Fri 12-Jan-18 21:15:05

I can't stand the smell I feel like I'm smothering myself in chocolate...much prefer coconut oil but op may find it too oily/greasy

Growingboys Fri 12-Jan-18 21:20:24

Oh I WISH I had an Aldi near me. Might screenshot that recommendation for next time I'm near one, thank you.

I agree re Cocoa Butter and used it for years but am after something a little bit less scented I think.

Any Clarins one in particular?

Thank you all x

PasstheStarmix Fri 12-Jan-18 21:29:56

They make it for dry or normal skin and it contains vitamin e and almond oil; it is luxurious feeling and absorbs nicely, it doesn't leave a greasy feel or any scents behind. This is the link incase you're ever passing:

Oh and they also sell a beautiful face moisturiser called Lacura Caviar illumination that rivals some extremely expensive brands I've tried.

ChishandFips33 Fri 12-Jan-18 22:04:02

I can't fault Aveeno

Soap and Glory righteous butter but it's smelly (in a nice way!)

Nivea soft

Wincarnis Fri 12-Jan-18 22:10:09

Steam Cream. Unscented, not greasy, and isn’t tested on animals.

PNGirl Sat 13-Jan-18 08:56:56

Superdrug vitamin E is good.

Bambi75 Sat 13-Jan-18 09:10:02

Aveeno every time. Fantastic stuff

onlyconnect Sat 13-Jan-18 09:56:17

I've been trying a few that I saw recommended on here. After years of using the Clarins one, the name of which I can never remember ( its thick and white and called something simple like super hydrating body lotion), I wondered if there's a cheaper one that's just as good.
SuperDrug Vitamin E cream is quite good; the Lush one (again can't remember name but it's unscented, very plain) was rubbish for me, didn't absorb at all
Best so far is Vaseline one in a tub. Really good.

GreyFluffball Sat 13-Jan-18 09:58:55

Aveeno in the pump bottle. I use both the normal one (blue lid) which has a very neutral/no scent and the Creamy Oil (green lid) which has a light almond scent.

loveka Sat 13-Jan-18 10:00:58

After years of using everything from.Clarins to Avon my new firm favourite is Sanex!

It is light and very moisturizing.

anxiousnow Sat 13-Jan-18 10:27:20

Another vote for palmers or body shop butters. Nivea q10 is also lovely. Cheap and you just feel even more shower fresh rather than scented.

Callamia Sat 13-Jan-18 10:28:35

Aveeno. Their body yoghurt (that does sound gross though) is really very good.

Corcra Sat 13-Jan-18 10:34:15

Aveeno is brilliant. I notice a difference
Also loccitane do a lovely almond one. It's amazing. But I'd go through a jar in a week so can't keep buying it for regular use.

BagelGoesWalking Sat 13-Jan-18 11:43:25

I also like Aveeno. At the moment, I'm using Le Petit Marseillaise Body Lotion from a French supermarket.

The Bioderma was recommended in the skincare thread - might be a good alternative (in Boots).

Superdrug do a Vit E Body butter.

skippy67 Sat 13-Jan-18 13:54:36

You can get unscented Palmers lotion

HildaZelda Sat 13-Jan-18 14:24:26

Body Shop coconut butter. I've tried everything over the years and can honestly say this is the ONLY thing that makes a noticeable difference to my skin. It does have a scent, but not overpowering. I don't notice it after I've put it on.

Growingboys Sat 13-Jan-18 20:59:28

Thank you so much all. I fully intend to work my way through all of these, incl the unscented Palmers whose existence was unknown to me until now.

Thank you!

squiz81 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:26:44

Another vote for aveeno!

BuzzKillington Sat 13-Jan-18 21:29:26

Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion. Only body lotion I buy over and over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now