Talk

Advanced search

So I look shit in a play/jump suit what can I where to a winter wedding?!

(14 Posts)
monkeywithacowface Fri 12-Jan-18 13:58:36

Anything that shows off my legs is not an option (varicose veins)

Maxi dress feels a bit dated and meh!

Bought a lovely looking jumpsuit from Reiss in the sale for the bargain price of £70 reduced down from £250 and I look like a plumbers mate.

I am 41, 5 foot 6 and 9 and a half stone. What the f*ck can I wear!

monkeywithacowface Fri 12-Jan-18 13:59:16

Wedding is in 3 weeks I need to pull my finger out!

museumum Fri 12-Jan-18 14:00:29

Knee dress with opaques.

If you can’t show your legs in summer then embrace opaques in winter as an opportunity to wear a good knee length dress.

monkeywithacowface Fri 12-Jan-18 14:03:01

See I did wonder about opaques. It's been such a long time since I have worn a knee length dress I have no idea what you would put with opaques and what shoes? blush

squeaver Fri 12-Jan-18 14:04:09

Yes, opaques are perfectly acceptable for a winter wedding.

Or wide legged trousers? Hush have some in the sale I think. Whistles sales is pretty good at the moment too.

squeaver Fri 12-Jan-18 14:05:50

Black heels with opaques or ankle boots look good if you don't have cankles like me.

You could wear something sequinned and sparkly with a jacket over the top for the service.

Thewindsofchange Fri 12-Jan-18 14:06:17

I did this for a winter wedding few years ago. Dress from monsoon, was a thick dress, iyswim not floaty/summery, just above the knee in a bright colour with black opaque tights and shoes that matched the dress.

squeaver Fri 12-Jan-18 14:06:46

Something like this

keely79 Fri 12-Jan-18 14:14:29

How about a midi dark floral skirt with narrower top? e.g. www.closetlondon.com/closet-gold-multi-pleated-midi-skirt.html - then either black knee highs or black opaques with black court shoes.

CountFosco Fri 12-Jan-18 14:21:58

There are some gorgeous dark winter florals about at the moment, either a skirt or a dress with some dark tights and pointy flats will look gorgeous.

Or a dark floral blouse with a pair of wide legged trousers would look fab. Browns and purples are beginning to look luxurious again and don't look like workwear so are a good option if you like and suit them.

monkeywithacowface Fri 12-Jan-18 14:30:39

Some good ideas here thank you.

CaptainWentworth Fri 12-Jan-18 17:29:59

Yes, dark florals. I went to a wedding in October and wore a black long sleeved (but floaty) midi dress with a floral pattern in pinks and purples, black opaques, black heels, tweed jacket, black bag and a purple felt hat.

SunnySomer Fri 12-Jan-18 17:34:50

There are slightly metallic pleated midi skirts everywhere at the moment which look good with opaque tights and a matt top... I got one from jigsaw but also definitely available In Whistles

DontDriveLikeATwat Sat 13-Jan-18 12:00:37

www.frenchconnection.com/product/woman-collections-dresses/71ibp/wilma-devoré-short-sleeved-dress.htm How about something like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now