Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Baukjen

(36 Posts)
Pupsiecola Fri 12-Jan-18 12:05:01

I've just stumbled on this brand. I like the look of their stuff. I'm an hourglass shape and suit things with some shape. Do any hourglasses wear Baukjen? Anyone generally have good/bad things to say about the brand?

Thank you.

Fantasticmissfoxy Fri 12-Jan-18 12:19:35

I am, and I do 😊
I was skeptical that a Scandinavian brand would fit or suit little 5ft 4" me (my scandi mates are all leggy blondes with smaller boobs) but it does!
I'm a 12 with hourglass figure and I love their tops, coats and dresses. I will add a caveat that I haven't tried on their trousers which is usually what I struggle to find a good fit on.

Quality is great.

Pupsiecola Fri 12-Jan-18 12:26:41

Oh thanks fantastic. I'm a 5'7" size 12. I've found clothes shopping utterly depressing for the last few years. Things are either straight up and down, or shapeless and voluminous (the latter is solo unflattering and makes me look huge).

I shall order some bits...

Viviene Fri 12-Jan-18 12:27:50

Damn you, OP, I like their stuff too! I'm short and fat but will order few items to see if they fit.

ilovecherries Fri 12-Jan-18 12:29:52

Apparently mumsnet has an ongoing 15% off code for them. I like their stuff - expensive but in my experience fits beautifully.

rubybleu Fri 12-Jan-18 12:37:41

Nice concept but bonkers cut. I’m a 5’9” size 10 hourglass and I sent back £300 of clothes before Xmas because they seem to be using a T-Rex as a fit model - everything supposedly knee length was half way down my calves, whilst the long sleeves were an unflattering 5/10cm short of my wrists.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 12-Jan-18 12:45:13

I'm an hourglass and looked awful in their stuff when I was a size 14. The dresses seemed to cling and accentuate each lump and bump. But it's amazing when I'm a 10, very flattering. I really rate their quality, I have a whole collection of tops and dresses that have been worn and washed many times, and still look brand new.

Dailystuck71 Fri 12-Jan-18 19:13:13

I have just sent s tonne of stuff back. Nothing fitted despite looking lovey online - oh and they don’t or certainly didn’t for me offer free returns. I had to pay to send it back via collect plus.

NumbersRule Fri 12-Jan-18 19:20:07

Size 10 hourglass here and I like their stuff as well. I am only 5ft 4 though so have to be selective - some of the drapey tops are just too long.

I travel quite a bit for work and their jersey dresses and shorter tops are fab to throw in a suitcase.

A1Sharon Fri 12-Jan-18 20:17:49

5'8" here and I love their stuff! Been wearing it since it for years. They do good value sales.

Ponks Fri 12-Jan-18 22:11:36

I've only ordered a couple of things from them but found the sizing inconsistent. I'm a size 12-14 and found size 14 jeans too tight but a medium (size 12-14) jumper way too big.

MoorMummy Fri 12-Jan-18 22:49:03

I’m 5ft 4 , curvy athletic size 10 ( 12 in some tops as I have broad shoulders due to weights). Love Baukjen , a good 50-60 per cent of my wardrobe is from there, mostly bought in sales. It is pricey, but beautiful quality and washes well on a 30 degree quick wash with hand wash liquid. Lots of it doesn’t need ironing. I’ve stuff from several years back which is still great. Tailored stuff and leather is great as well.

Today I had a Baukjen top and leather jacket on, yesterday I wore a Baukjen jersey dress and leather waistcoat.

Agree that free returns would be useful though.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 13-Jan-18 00:29:57

Ive got two dresses on their way to me from there that I’m hoping fit well (5”2, size 12, curvy) I really like those sort of dresses for work but I’m very specific about how I like things to fit. Not against getting things taken up if need be though. Fingers crossed.

madmomma Sat 13-Jan-18 01:00:07

Their leggings are absolutely unbeatable and last forever. The jeans are crap though.

ZaraW Sat 13-Jan-18 05:18:13

Their prices are too high and lots of man made fibres.

ZaraW Sat 13-Jan-18 05:23:16

Sorry not finished £155 pounds for an acrylic jumper with a very low wool content they are having a laugh but people are obviously buying it. For that price you can get a jumper made in the UK from British wool and will last for years.

MoorMummy Sat 13-Jan-18 07:02:07

Agree the knitwear not the best, that’s one thing I don’t bother with.

ZaraW Sat 13-Jan-18 08:55:29

But surely it doesn't need ironing because it's synthetic?

Elledorado Sat 13-Jan-18 09:02:41

I actually thought Baukjen was British not scandi but I could be wrong. I like a lot of it but it's expensive and the things I've ordered havent been mindblowingly great.

stringbean Sat 13-Jan-18 09:45:55

I have a couple of Baukjen items which are nice, but find the clothes a bit hit and miss, and the sizing is not always consistent (eg. size 12 tops which are more like a 16). My main gripe is the lack of natural fabrics; they use a lot of viscose and, while it drapes quite nicely, always needs ironing when I take it out of the drawer. It's also a cheap fabric and their prices for viscose clothes are ridiculous (£99 for a viscose shirt anyone??). Check the wool content of any knitwear as well, as it's very low with a high percentage of man-made fibres and correspondingly high prices. If I do buy anything from there, it's only ever with at least a 20% off code.

Hoppinggreen Sat 13-Jan-18 10:38:54

I’m short and round but I’ve got a couple of things from them.
The boyfriend jeans are good but I wouldn’t buy the dresses
It’s all quite pricey but they do send discounts and sale offers regularly

KatharinaRosalie Sat 13-Jan-18 12:09:43

It's the same company as Isabella Oliver maternity wear

BrassicaBabe Sat 13-Jan-18 12:16:59

I love their jeans.

Fantasticmissfoxy Sat 13-Jan-18 12:49:26

Elle you may well be right - I just assumed because of the name 🙈

OpenMindedSceptic Sat 13-Jan-18 12:59:57

I am soft hourglass shape and have various pieces from Baukjen. Some lovely fitted tops and a couple of dresses. I do find it slightly hit and miss with quality/ fit/ sizing. It is mostly viscose but I’ve not had any issues with creasing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: