Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with my hair?

(5 Posts)
KitKat1985 Fri 12-Jan-18 10:46:55

I've got thick, wavy, shoulder-blade length hair (dark blonde).

I'm so bored of it, and I think because it isn't really styled it isn't really do anything for me. I just either wear it down or sometimes put it back in a ponytail.

I want some ideas of low-maintenance hair-cuts to try? It needs to have a 'wash and go' ease to it as I work long hours and have two young kids, and I can't really be arsed with the regular maintenance of dying it or putting highlights in.

MikeUniformMike Fri 12-Jan-18 12:23:43

You need a good haircut. If you know someone with similar hair to yours, ask them where they get it cut. A decent stylist will give you a cut where you can just comb it after washing and it will fall into place.
Good doesn't necessarily mean expensive, you just need someone who understands how your hair behaves.

Mylady Fri 12-Jan-18 13:27:17

A forward angled bob often suits this hair type as you can just scrunch dry to emphasise the wave and the 'angle' means it still looked styled more than a straight bob. Does depend on your face shape x

KitKat1985 Sat 13-Jan-18 11:12:48

Okay, I'll have a look at pictures of those cuts. Thank you. x

alexbbb Tue 30-Jan-18 08:15:53

Try an modern twist like a textured, beachy wave. Some of these relaxed hairdos can be easily achieved without the use of hot tools, using a few braids and rubber bands instead. I can suggest that you check out this resource with cute ideas for your hair type - therighthairstyles.com/10-sensational-medium-length-haircuts-for-thick-hair/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now