Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best skinny jeans

(44 Posts)
Shadow1986 Thu 11-Jan-18 20:34:55

Can anyone recommend some decent skinny jeans?

My fav at the moment are probably the top shop Leigh jeans although I find the black fades so quickly.

Oasis jeans I feel are a little thick and go baggy round the knees.

Warehouse jeans I quite like but usually a bit long for me.

I’m 5’5 ish and a size of 10

closephine85 Thu 11-Jan-18 20:59:17

River Island Molly or Amelie smile

somebodythinkofthechildren Thu 11-Jan-18 21:01:02

Topshop Joni or Jamie. The black does fade, but thanks to a recent thread on here I have discovered that Dylon transforms then back to their original black glory!

Annabelle4 Thu 11-Jan-18 21:05:04

My favourite are hollister but River island are great too.

Primark (really)! are fantastic too, especially if you don't like thick ones.

bonzo77 Thu 11-Jan-18 21:05:46

I’ve just bought a pair of Lee Scarlett jeans. At outlet store so £60 not £90 though still 2x what I normally spend. They’re the nicest jeans I’ve had in years. Perfect rise, perfect leg shape, exact colour I wanted. Also have some Levi’s curve from about 5 years ago that are pretty good, but they stretch out a bit with wear and need a belt. River Island Molly are good denim but not perfect shape for me (I’m large of thigh and waist but small ish hips / arse)

Celticlassie Thu 11-Jan-18 21:08:54

I've had great blue ones from Zara, and the £12.99 jeggings from H&M are fab for black ones.

Bluntness100 Thu 11-Jan-18 21:14:56

Tommy Hilfiger if you want to stretch the budget. Hold their shape well. I think mine are the Sophie skinny. If you're more boy shaped ie slim hips and arse you can't go wrong.

Bluntness100 Thu 11-Jan-18 21:15:37

Sorry I'd also say lower budget H&M are good.

DavidPuddy Thu 11-Jan-18 21:17:31

Uniqlo black jeans don't fade, I find. Though I would actually prefer them to.

Growingboys Thu 11-Jan-18 21:19:01

Uniqlo as PP said and more expensive, Current/Elliott stiletto. Both ace, the C/E ones last much much better, keeping their colour AND stretch - I find the Uniqlo ones lose their stretch after a bit.

MozzchopsThirty Thu 11-Jan-18 21:24:56

River island molly are amazing

I have 5 pairs, they last, wash well, hold colour well

Shadow1986 Thu 11-Jan-18 22:05:23

Thanks ladies I will check all these out!

Shadow1986 Thu 11-Jan-18 22:08:25

Does anyone know if the RI Molly jeans come up big or small, if sure I’ve bought RI jeans before and find they come up big

MozzchopsThirty Thu 11-Jan-18 22:10:41

I'm a 10 and the 10 fits perfect

Scruffette Thu 11-Jan-18 22:14:00

I bought RI Molly's after a recommendation on mumsnet. I hate them, they are now my house cleaning jeans. They were recommended for an hourglass shape but they spend their time sliding down me, within seconds the crotch has slid down and I bought (after trying on) a 12 whereas I would usually be moremof a 14. Between a 12 and 14 maybe. Anyway i hate them. My best skinny jeans are florence and fred (size 12) They're high waisted and like a second skin. I also have some Next ones (size 10) that are comfy too.

In answer to your question: I think the Molly's come up big

lonelyatchristmas Thu 11-Jan-18 22:18:30

"Poco by Pippa" are fantastic... expensive but get what you pay for

Shadow1986 Thu 11-Jan-18 22:19:16

Scruffette- maybe that’s why then as I was a big size 10, more like a size 11 but I’ve lost weight and still think I’m a size 10 but it’s making the tummy/crotch area look baggy on me! I could try an 8 just not convinced I’d get a leg in!

Thanks all for other suggestions I’m going to order them all I think and just send back if no good!

Ohlellykelly Thu 11-Jan-18 22:20:32

I have Mollys and I too hate them, I'm forever hoisting them up. I'm an hourglass too, I feel as though a belt would help. Or buy better jeans!

Gwenhwyfar Thu 11-Jan-18 22:22:37

I have a Warehouse pair that keeps me in. I'm shorter than you and I didn't need to have these taken up as being skinnies the extra material just kind of rolls at the end. I've got the blue, but I'm a bit lost while it's in the wash so I'm planning to buy the black as well.
My blue ones keep dragging down so I'm thinking of going up a size to see if this helps.

Sarahh2014 Thu 11-Jan-18 22:28:15

Primark ones are fab and only 11 pounds

UnderCaffeinated Thu 11-Jan-18 23:07:05

I love ASOS Rivington's, a nice skinny fit but still a heavy enough denim, I hate how some shops sell jeans that are just jeggings, pretending to be jeans!

Monzeitia Fri 12-Jan-18 06:33:22

I love Grace from All saints, the fit me perfectly, I’m size 8 and the 26 waist are perfect

PNGirl Fri 12-Jan-18 08:43:06

ASOS Ridley, Topshop Jamie (my black ones are still black after 2 years) New Look, and oddly Tu at Sainsbury's do a great pair in different leg lengths.

whifflesqueak Fri 12-Jan-18 08:47:56

My black super skinny Levi’s are the perfect fit and stretch (size 6-8, wear the 25) BUT they have faded a lot for a relatively pricey product.

Tigresswoods Fri 12-Jan-18 09:01:29

Personally I love Gap or French Connection.

I'm "boy" shape, straight up & down, no curves to speak of.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: