Talk

Advanced search

Bras after weightloss

(25 Posts)
NewYearNiki Tue 09-Jan-18 17:27:05

I am in a freya 32dd which was a little tight before I lost weight and is now so big it is ridiculous. The cups are gaping even on the tightest hook.

I tried a 30e. Cup still gaping. A 30dd, fits ok but cup still has a crease.

I wonder if a 32d or 30d would be better but can't find a freya in those sizes.

Any suggestions for similar brands?

Viviene Wed 10-Jan-18 11:59:26

Panache. And get yourself to the nearest Bravissimo for a fitting! ;)

NewYearNiki Wed 10-Jan-18 13:09:33

Ah yes didnt think of panache.

No bravissimo near me I dont think sad

Aridane Wed 10-Jan-18 13:41:08

Isn't Bravissimo DD+ (rather than D)?

Aridane Wed 10-Jan-18 13:41:52

Beg your pardon - it is D cup and above (not DD, as I said)

NewYearNiki Wed 10-Jan-18 13:46:14

I used to love freya because of the range of dd+ sizes now it is apparent I am a d as even a 30dd the cup has a fold on it, 30d or 32d is harder to find.

The back band fits fine on a 30. Two fingers comfortably fit under the band. Not too tight

RavingRoo Wed 10-Jan-18 13:48:27

Try a 28e and 28dd too.

NewYearNiki Wed 10-Jan-18 14:02:20

Didnt think of 28.

I am smaller on the back as I've lost lots of back fat and am bigger on the front.

That would make sense for a 28

NewYearNiki Sat 13-Jan-18 13:14:36

Actually given that my cups are too huge I tried just reducing cup size only.

That is a 32c.

Look ok?

rightknockered Sat 13-Jan-18 13:28:08

I think it looks too snug, and the band is eating up some of your boob. I would suggest you measure yourself using the boob or bust method.

NewYearNiki Sat 13-Jan-18 13:32:09

Right well a d is too big and a 30 back band and bigger cup size leaves the band cutting in too much and the cup gaping.

What am i supposed to do sad

lasttimeround Sat 13-Jan-18 14:38:12

I may well be wrong but I think that pic looks a good fit

Strongbeatsskinny Sat 13-Jan-18 14:48:58

wire on the bra doesn’t appear to be digging into any breat tissue from that angle it looks a good fit. Do a front shot so I can see how the wires and cups fit. The wire should be against the chest not digging into the breast tissue at all. The cups of the bra should rest the the breast with no over spill

NewYearNiki Sat 13-Jan-18 14:57:08

Here you go

I didn't see noticeable spillage over any side of the bra.

kirbytime Sat 13-Jan-18 15:01:49

Is the band at the front sitting out from your cleavage? It should be snug. Maybe need a smaller band with bigger cup? I would try several brands to get the best fit. Even different styles within the same brand can be better fit than others. It's a mine field!!

I also buy panache as I like their fit.

PS Well done on the weight loss!! smile

NewYearNiki Sat 13-Jan-18 15:05:18

It might be a little.

But going down to a 30 band is a bit tight for my.liking

MrsJBaptiste Sat 13-Jan-18 15:20:16

I think that picture looks absolutely fine!

Aridane Sat 13-Jan-18 15:26:45

Looks,great!

BikeRunSki Sat 13-Jan-18 16:05:31

I’m a 32F. Panache and Charnos are your friends, but probably online.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 13-Jan-18 17:05:46

Use this calculator booborbust.com

rightknockered Sat 13-Jan-18 17:17:26

I think you need to go down a band size and up a cup size or two. Sometimes the band can feel tight, if the cup size is too small. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a bra that fitted like the one you're wearing in pics, especially after a day or so of wear. The wires will start digging in. Try lots of different styles. Some makes fit smaller than others. The one you're wearing is definitely not the right size for you

Strongbeatsskinny Sat 13-Jan-18 17:33:27

It looks ok fit wise wires should be flat against your skin sorry I had to go out. That looks like a full cup or low balcony bra. I would try a plunge style and see how wires sit in that too

NewYearNiki Sat 13-Jan-18 17:44:22

Yes I prefer plunge styles. Will look at a 30d. I also dont like that 32c have much thinner straps than d cups.

I have quite a few 32dd bras that I was keeping for a rainy day (god knows why) and they still have the tags on. I tried some of them and whilst too big they arent as bad as the ones I've been wearing as they are new. Will start wearing all of those to get some wear out of them.

Seriously though I can't get used to it. I can wear a size small in sweaty betty leggings and a year ago I wouldn't have got one leg in a small.

StickyProblem Sun 14-Jan-18 11:30:58

Congrats on the weight loss Niki!

I'm in a similar boat....started 3st ago in a 36G but now my 34FF is getting a bit baggy. Sadly I have about 8 bras that I bought online through the weight gain years that were far too small, so I'm going down through those before buying any new.

That bra looks fine, isn't it fantastic when the girls shrink and become a bit more manageable bearbear

Pupsiecola Sun 14-Jan-18 11:49:09

I detest bra shopping. I went to Bravissimo for the first time a few months back. It was fantastic. It was an hour's drive each way, but now I can just order online. I really recommend them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now