Talk

Advanced search

Amazon beauty advent calendar.

(17 Posts)
tobee Mon 18-Dec-17 14:11:00

Am I the only one?

I feel like a sad loser. Not seen any discussion thread on here to share the joys. I was going to get M&S but dithered....

Anyway, it's not bad.

I will miss opening my little boxes. So I am definitely sad.

Almostthere15 Mon 18-Dec-17 14:19:08

I have it too. In the main I've been really pleased. Only one or two things I won't use (and they went into teenager presents!). I'll miss the pleasing clunk of the boxes as you take one out!

tobee Mon 18-Dec-17 14:27:28

I'm actually a day behind opening, so just opened yesterday's.

Careerbreaktime Mon 18-Dec-17 14:31:50

I've got it too! Pleased with my haul so far, anything I won't use I'm re-purposing as family stocking fillers. Was trying to think of something to do with all the little boxes - but my DH has taken the initiative on that and recycled them before I can save them for some sort of craft project 😁

Kochicoo Mon 18-Dec-17 16:01:07

I have the M&S one but bought my Mum the Amazon one and she loves it. I greedily thought I'd be able to steal loads but she's been happy with almost everything apart from a couple of things. I think I might try and get it next year.

itstheyearzero Mon 18-Dec-17 18:28:05

I started a thread but only got one person joining in who then gave up!

tobee Mon 18-Dec-17 18:32:31

Oh I didn't spot that* itstheyearzero*! I would have felt so lonely from the start!

Wasn't sure about those black plastic nail things. But, like a toddler, I'm happy just opening the boxes really. fblush

findyourbacon Mon 18-Dec-17 22:34:21

I’ve got the Amazon one - enjoying most of it so far. My DD might get the nails and I’m not sure if I’m brave enough for the fake lashes! But I love trying new things - most of which I wouldn’t have bought for myself.

What have been your favourite things so far?

Careerbreaktime Mon 18-Dec-17 23:22:35

I like the Laura Geller powder (is it foundation?), very smooth coverage. I love the Barry M mermaid blue nail varnish- got it on now! The hair spray and frizz ease stuff will come in handy for holidays too. Not sure if I can brave the false lashes but I'd love to learn how to do them!

Almostthere15 Tue 19-Dec-17 22:08:31

I really like the gatineau face cream. My daughter nabbed the barry m nail polish. The molton brown is a nice gym bag addition.

Wasn't mad on the lemon hand cream but I think it's been great value overall

tobee Wed 20-Dec-17 13:35:34

Hmm I'm wondering if we've got slightly different things!

Almostthere15 Wed 20-Dec-17 16:08:10

Oh do you think we have? I thought there was a pretty standard contents list. Maybe not the same days though. I had dry shampoo today, you?

tobee Thu 21-Dec-17 02:58:23

I didn't get any Molton Brown unless I'm going gaga and have forgotten.

Careerbreaktime Thu 21-Dec-17 09:32:58

I had a shine spray, not dry shampoo, and I got the Milton brown yesterday!

tobee Thu 21-Dec-17 14:46:53

I am a day behind opening the boxes which doesn't help. I'm just going to open yesterday's box now. fconfusedLet's see .... drum roll ....a ha! Molton Brown ...but... it was box 19. Hmm. Sorry, I've totally confused myself now.

tobee Thu 21-Dec-17 14:50:44

I like Molton Brown. However, I've now had 2x hand cream and a body moisturiser. They're nice but I don't really use them regularly.

Rachie1986 Thu 21-Dec-17 15:01:46

I want to get the Amazon one next year if that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now