Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your best eBay buys...

(15 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Fri 15-Dec-17 20:21:53

Because I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself! In the past couple of months I've spent about £200 on eBay and got 3 Joseph sweaters and a 100% silk Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress. All in great condition and each of which would've cost in the region of £200 each when brand new.

I feel I may need to go cold turkey on eBay for a while now though!

RitaPanda Fri 15-Dec-17 22:18:17

I love eBay!
I’ve just bought 2 Whistles jumpers and 2 Reiss jumpers for the grand total of £37.39 (including postage).

I got my full maternity wardrobe via eBay for a fraction of the new cost.

My best purchase was probably a dress I wanted from Reiss to wear to a wedding. Was over £120 new but I got it on eBay for £30. Love it and have worn it to several weddings, Royal Ascot, etc.

Best thing about eBay is buying something and knowing if it’s not quite right for you you can sell it on for the same price, sometimes more.

I’ve had loads from eBay over the years, only downside is it’s addictive!

AmeliaFlashtart Sat 16-Dec-17 09:04:25

I wanted a Gerard Darel 36 H bag for ages but couldn't/wouldn't pay full price new. Searched e-bay for about 2 years before the planets aligned and the size/colour/version of the bag I wanted showed up as an unwanted gift.

I'm slightly ashamed to say that even though I was outbid I gazzumped the winner by offering more privately (I wouldn't do this on a house).

The bag is perfect - One of my favourite things, I use it every day. It was new and I only paid about 1/4 of the retail price.

Diamonddealeroncemore Sat 16-Dec-17 09:09:17

Burberry trench coat a few years ago. £72 and arrived dry cleaned and perfect condition. I don’t use it often but I always feel great in it.

ZaraW Sat 16-Dec-17 09:13:06

Stella McCartney linen wide legged trousers for 99p nobody else bidded. I loved those trousers.

QueenOfTheAndals Sat 16-Dec-17 09:49:42

About 5 years ago I saw a dress at Hobbs that I really liked but couldn't afford at the time. Always regretted it though. Last year I picked it up on eBay for 20 quid. And as I'd had a baby in the intervening years who fed constantly, I'd lost a stone it was a size down from what I tried on originally!

MrsRamiMalek Sat 16-Dec-17 10:01:13

Not huge names but most of my wardrobe is topshop and river island at a fraction of the cost. I just bought a beautiful miss selfridge jacket in new condition for £7. I love eBay. It's always great after new year because everyone seems to have a clear out so there's lots of things going.

I actually ebay myself. I often buy things spur of the moment on PLT then realise it does not suit me at all but it's too late to send back, so I stick it on eBay.

My best buy was a stunning Agent Provocateur bra worth almost £100 for just £10. Nobody else bid!

PavlovaPlease Sat 16-Dec-17 14:59:18

Whistles leather bag (BNWT) and a maternity wool coat are some of the good ones. I've also bought a load of tat too.

ScreamingValenta Sat 16-Dec-17 15:03:17

I'm slightly ashamed to say that even though I was outbid I gazzumped the winner by offering more privately

shock The seller should be ashamed here for accepting. I hope the actual winner trashed their feedback!

AmeliaFlashtart Mon 18-Dec-17 06:53:17

Well the fact the winner still hadn't paid 3 days after the auction ended swung it.

PNGirl Mon 18-Dec-17 07:28:04

Mine is an AllSaints Cargo jacket, worn once, for £120 when I was about to pay £318 for a new one. It was pristine.

silkpyjamasallday Mon 18-Dec-17 07:51:35

Ooh I am addicted to eBay, and have had so many amazing bargains. Two silk midi skirts from Joseph for less than a fiver each, a vintage Chloe embellished vest for £20, a mulberry carter bag for under £100, and my all time favourite buy, which took almost a decade of eBay stalking, was a Barbara hulanicki for topshop blouse that I wanted in 2007 but missed out on. I also got our silk Laura Ashley sofa for £40 but obviously not style and beauty related!

QueenOfTheAndals Mon 18-Dec-17 08:59:58

I've never bought furniture from eBay. Mainly because I don't have a car and there never seems to be anything available near me!

Jemimapuddleduk Mon 18-Dec-17 11:05:29

3 sarah Louise outfits for dd- none were more than £10. All were new or worn once. A damsel in a dress dress that I wore for a wedding- new with tags £12, a bronze/gold Zara leather jacket. Pretty sure there's more! I love buying off eBay.

drinkswineoutofamug Mon 18-Dec-17 11:17:37

Just bought both my daughters new handbags
Daughter 1. A Micheal kors bag. £43
Daughter 2. Ted baker with its dust bag. Price tag still on it £169.99. I got it for £57 including pp

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: