Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

jewellery

(10 Posts)
tulipz Thu 14-Dec-17 14:27:57

Hi, I'm looking for a nice ring, preferably white or yellow gold, with stones, I like diamonds for the hardness. Have had a look at goldsmiths, h samuel, beaverbrooks and ernest jones' websites, but not found anything that "stands out". Sounds bad, i know.... Has anyone got any jeweller (hopefully a website) they would recommend, or seen a fab ring? Budget under £1000.

Thanks

Writersblock2 Thu 14-Dec-17 14:54:47

Antique. You will get WAY more for your money.

ZaraW Thu 14-Dec-17 15:14:16

I found it cheaper to buy my own stone and get a jeweller to copy a design I loved. Mine is a tsavorite with a half band of diamonds.

mummyhaschangedhername Thu 14-Dec-17 15:15:53

I think you need to go look at them yourself. Also buying from auctions gets you more value for money.

Nanasueathome Thu 14-Dec-17 15:16:49

There’s a fabulous jewellery quarter in birmingham
Independent shops
How near are you?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 14-Dec-17 15:21:20

Most of the jewellers that you will get a truly good deal out of won't have websites because they don't buy in bulk.

Go visit some independents- try some rings on.

I find buying online can be incredibly misleading anyway. Two diamonds with identical cut, clarity, colour and size can still appear completely different up close so a description isn't always helpful.

tulipz Thu 14-Dec-17 16:45:22

Thanks for ideas, I live up north, so Birmingham is a bit too far to go. I feel the pressure to buy when going to real shops, so prefer to have a look online first.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Thu 14-Dec-17 20:50:34

Not bought from them yet, but I like the look of the Glamira site. It allows you to customise your ring.

Bellamuerte Thu 14-Dec-17 21:12:48

www.annoushka.com/ has some lovely rings around the £1000 mark (plus a lot of more expensive stuff). The designer is the lady who founded Links of London.

Bellamuerte Thu 14-Dec-17 21:15:06

77diamonds.com also has a lot of nice rings and they are excellent value for money. You can choose the diamonds to fit your budget.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: