Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had Juvederm fillers?

(18 Posts)
ageingdisgracefully2017 Wed 13-Dec-17 19:20:31

I am thinking of getting Juvedem fillers to help lift my face but I have heard so many conflicting reports, anyone had them? Recommend them and can recommend someone in central London? Ive even read they make no difference??

lovemylover Wed 13-Dec-17 19:37:07

What part of your face do you want the fillers in, there are a couple of threads about fillersI have had lip line fillers today and pleased with them,
I am not in London, but if you look on the other thread,someone recommended someone in London

Canadianviews Wed 13-Dec-17 19:48:42

Yes, I had Juvaderm last month to ‘lift’ my face slightly so that tear trough sunken areas were reduced! All has been fine so far!

Writersblock2 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:08:55

I got it in my lips at the weekend (1ml). I’ve got a couple of nasty bruises (which is pretty common) but they are fading. Pleased so far even if it hurt like anything!

lovemylover Wed 13-Dec-17 21:40:05

I couldnt believe how painless it was, even in my lips, or edges of my lips,the first prick with the needle made me jump a bit but hardly felt the rest,the anaesthetic cream was really numbing

lovemylover Wed 13-Dec-17 23:57:03

A bit of bruising coming out now, I have put some arnica gel on them, but looks a bit swollen too, hope its not too bad tomorrow ,have hospital appointment

Writersblock2 Thu 14-Dec-17 00:06:29

How long did they leave the cream on for? Mine was on maybe only ten mins or so. The first couple of injections were fine but then they got really sore - I had tears streaming and I’ve usually got a pretty high pain threshold (have tattoos, had piercings in my younger years).
I was told the day after is always the worst for swelling because the fluids settle as you sleep so you wake up with huge lips. This was right for me - I wondered what the hell I’d done to myself. They’re settling in now though.
Here’s a pic of mine the day after (Sunday).

hevonbu Thu 14-Dec-17 00:26:41

I've seen a TV program when someone had fillers, and later they disintegrated and she was stuck with hard lumps in her lips, the feeling of a constant rubber band stretched hard on the upper lip and no real prospect of having the (thousands of) lumps removed. She regretted the fillers, but to no avail. Not sure what make it had been, though, but to me that would be enough to never attempt it.

lovemylover Thu 14-Dec-17 09:28:51

Mine look a bit better this morning, but still a bit bruised,she left the numbing cream on for about 20 I would say, but it went very numb
Hardly felt anything apart from the first one
Swelling less now but still not as smooth as I would like, but maybe because I am older it doesn't take as well

lovemylover Thu 14-Dec-17 09:33:11

canadianviews what did you have to lift your face? cheek fillers? and how good did it look?

Crazy8 Thu 14-Dec-17 09:36:01

Does juvaderm help lift jowls?

Writersblock2 Thu 14-Dec-17 10:05:16

lovemylover

Glad it's feeling better today. I was told to give it a solid two weeks because it will improve over that whole duration.

lovemylover Thu 14-Dec-17 17:35:23

Yes I was told 2 weeks too, it looks a bit lumpy but maybe only to me, it wouldn't be so bad if the bruises were not there but only to be expected,
The lady I went to is going for training to do jowls soon, she suggested I have fillers in my cheeks, but can just imagine when they wear off, it will look like from beauty to the beast lol

lovemylover Thu 14-Dec-17 18:14:16

hevonbu do you mean Leslie Ash, who was in men behaving badly
She had her lips done by a friend,it ruined her looks

lovemylover Sat 16-Dec-17 17:16:48

The filler I had was called TEOSYAL which according to aftercare card comes in several different strengths
Not sure which one I had ,but she said she was just softening them this time as I was so nervous after the last time I had them,
Still looks a bit puffy, but I like the lip edge she has done

Dowser Sat 16-Dec-17 18:07:56

Fascinated but terrifies the living daylights out of me.
I so miss my youthful face.
I’d settle for my 40 years old one even.

Aridane Sun 17-Dec-17 16:51:47

Brilliant for ridding those lines that go from nose to mouth (and beyond) and reversing bitchy resting face

Cowardlycustard2 Sun 17-Dec-17 17:00:15

With facial fillers people need to be very careful as there have been cases when people having had them have gone blind as the filler can if injected incorrectly can get into the blood vessels that lead to the eye. Absolutely terrifying. You need to make sure that the person doing them is a doctor with full knowledge of facial anatomy. Also they should use a blunt cannula rather than a needle to do the deep injections as less chance will puncture a blood vessel. Sculptra is very good for adding volume to cheek area and gives a natural and long lasting result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now