Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Highlights and visible roots

(15 Posts)
dementedpixie Wed 13-Dec-17 15:03:08

Had a full head highlights done today. Used a different salon/stylist as my old one seems to have shut down/disappeared. In the past Ive had t-bar and half head. Not sure my highlights have been done right as there's a lot of visible root. What can I do to minimise it?

GreyFluffball Wed 13-Dec-17 15:05:57

Honestly - go back and complain! That's a terrible job. (Ex-hairdresser)

wildbuttercup Wed 13-Dec-17 15:10:53

Wow that is awful!!!! I get my highlights done when my roots get about that long!! Go back and complain, it's awkward I know but it really isn't ok. And never go back there again after that

dementedpixie Wed 13-Dec-17 15:10:57

Do you think? She took ages and did loads of them but just didn't seem to go far up the roots. Didnt really notice until I got home

DameXanaduBramble Wed 13-Dec-17 15:12:23

That’s what I look like before I go!

dementedpixie Wed 13-Dec-17 17:06:13

Would they have to do the whole thing again? Spent 3 hours there today!

Annabelle4 Wed 13-Dec-17 17:09:22

They look like mine do after about 10 weeks.

I'd ask for a senior stylist to correct it

GreyFluffball Wed 13-Dec-17 20:37:11

Yes, the whole lot needs redoing. It's a really poor lazily done job. Awful that they've sent you out like that when the roots are so visible, there's no way the stylist can't have noticed!

dementedpixie Wed 13-Dec-17 20:40:09

Thanks for your input. Scared to go back. Better put my big girl pants on!

userofthiswebsite Wed 13-Dec-17 20:41:17

How often do you all have your highlights done?

dementedpixie Wed 13-Dec-17 20:49:02

mine was last done October 11th. Still looks like that!

wildbuttercup Fri 15-Dec-17 15:02:15

How did it go OP?

dementedpixie Fri 15-Dec-17 15:06:03

I feel a bit better now. Had some more foils done which covered more of the roots and this time the stylist used a toner too (first stylist didn't and my hair length was left multi coloured). It's not as bright and brassy now but haven't had a chance to look properly as I'm now on the school run and haven't been home yet (appointment was 12.15 and went to shops after)

dementedpixie Fri 15-Dec-17 15:12:18

Taken in the car!

wildbuttercup Fri 15-Dec-17 15:13:52

Much better! The colour looks lovely. Were they apologetic? I still probably wouldn't return there next time

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: