Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can you recommend a good full coverage foundation?

(20 Posts)
singingpinkmonkey Wed 13-Dec-17 10:39:39

After a new foundation to wear on an evening with Xmas and NYE parties coming up.

I normally wear BB cream everyday bit what something a little more full coverage.

What's your favourite?

asilikeit Wed 13-Dec-17 10:43:07

What kind of finish are you after? Matt or more luminous?

StopTakingAllTheGoodNames Wed 13-Dec-17 10:51:17

The best foundation I've ever used for full coverage (my skin is rubbish) is Estée Lauder double wear foundation... make sure to use a primer beforehand as I found it quite drying

gunsandbanjos Wed 13-Dec-17 10:54:30

If you normally wear BB cream suddenly going to full coverage is a big jump.
I’m loving Clinique even better glow right now, I’d say it’s medium coverage but definitely buildable if you want a fuller look.

Cakescakescakes Wed 13-Dec-17 10:56:38

YSL All Hours has great coverage (buildable from medium to pretty full but can be sheered out too) but a lovely natural skin like finish. It is a dream of a foundation. Gorgeous texture, non drying or caking like double wear can and has a natural matte finish - so not flat but not dewy shiny either. Go and get a sample from a counter and try it out. It is getting great buzz online for a reason.

StealingYourWiFi Wed 13-Dec-17 10:56:41

I've tried the majority of high end and stuck with them but I've repurchased Loreal Infalliable Matte 3 times now...it's lovely!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Wed 13-Dec-17 10:59:18

No7 intelligent foundation is my step up from a BB cream, and I'm getting on really well with it. I hate the heavy feeling of foundation, and I don't even notice this stuff.

putdownyourphone Wed 13-Dec-17 11:04:10

Double wear by EL but I would go for the light version - still very good coverage but not as thick, plus you don’t get the flashback face in photos (it reflects light so you look very white). I have just started using Dior air flash which I love, very good coverage, and the counter man said he uses it for professional makeup shoots so I’m guessing it looks good in photos

cad186 Wed 13-Dec-17 11:07:18

My favourite is lancome teint idole ultra 24

WhereAreWeNow Wed 13-Dec-17 12:56:48

I like Revlon Colorstay (the dry skin one)

Oswin Wed 13-Dec-17 12:59:01

Agree with stealing, infallible matte by L'Oréal. It's been like a miracle on my skin. Covers everything and stays on all day and night.

nornironlady Wed 13-Dec-17 13:13:34

I've used Estee Lauder Double Wear and agree it's drying. The new Bare Minerals is brilliant but cheaper option Bourjois also do great foundations highly recommended by make up artists. I've spent this year going through quite a few foundations to find the best - for daily/work use I find Kiko Milano foundations to cover well and mostly under £15.

Opheliasgoldenwine Wed 13-Dec-17 13:15:54

L'Oréal infallible smile

Ellapaella Wed 13-Dec-17 15:02:09

The Ordinary foundation is surprisingly good for the price.
I’ve tried virtually every foundation and have to say that L’Oréal infallible (in the glass jar not tube) and ELDW are the best. Really nothing else quite compares. I do like Mac studio fix but find it oxidises a lot after a few hours wear.

BuntyCollocks Wed 13-Dec-17 17:39:37

Nars all day luminous weightless. I love it. Super matte, though.

RosieCockle Wed 13-Dec-17 20:17:35

Armani Power Fabric or Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation. V similar, v good coverage but skin still looks like skin.

PuertoVallarta Wed 13-Dec-17 21:20:15

Double Wear all the way.

You can get a sample to try before you buy.

userofthiswebsite Wed 13-Dec-17 21:31:22

Double Wear is the best foundation I've used although if you are as pale as I am (unlikely) their shade range does not go pale enough.

I've just ordered a white mixer to try and use with the DL.

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 13-Dec-17 21:32:54

Nars Sheer glow is a good medium weight foundation. If you've been using BB cream, full coverage is quite a step up as PP have said.
Suqqu cream foundation or frame fix are brilliant but ££££ - however you only need a dab and the coverage is amazing.

sammy891 Wed 13-Dec-17 23:15:29

Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: