Talk

Advanced search

Glasses recommendations!

(9 Posts)
Isismacdonald Mon 11-Dec-17 11:06:50

Ok so I've had the same glasses for nearly 3 years now as they're the only ones I've ever found that suit me! They're on the way out though and I really need to find some new ones, I basically need them to be BIG, I have a really big head and small glasses look awfullllll on me.

I find so many glasses that claim to be large or oversized and aren't even that big shock so if anyone has any recommendations for glasses websites or has any ideas please share! My budgets not huge but I'd be willing to spend a lot more for the perfect glasses

sanitygirl Mon 11-Dec-17 12:48:16

I have the opposite issue to you as I have a small head, but I can recommend Selectspecs for ordering glasses online - really good service and good prices. I like the frames by Booth & Bruce - they do some larger ones - maybe also look at styles aimed at men as they tend to be bigger.

specialsubject Mon 11-Dec-17 14:55:36

Go to specsavers and turn round. The bloke side has better made specs without ghastly fussy twiddles, and usually cheaper.

ZaraW Mon 11-Dec-17 15:50:44

Try Cubits and Bailey Nelson

Bluesheep8 Mon 11-Dec-17 17:18:59

I second Specsavers, I got 2 pairs for £69 I think it was, I had to choose from the petite range as most styles were too large so you may well find something you like....

magimedi Mon 11-Dec-17 17:36:45

I've been wearing glasses for more than 40 years & have been wearing mens' frames for at least half that time. Much better quality. Off to Specsavers with you!!

roobrr Mon 11-Dec-17 17:43:20

Go to an independent opticians. They will help you pick something that suits your face shape/ budget etc.

My current ones are by Fabbricatorino but look at Rockoptika too.

mayhew Mon 11-Dec-17 18:00:22

I get men's frames from Specsavers. 241. One pair made up as sunglasses

cocoboots Mon 11-Dec-17 18:02:03

where abouts are you OP?
I work with opticians and could probably recommend a good independent.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: