Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

The grief of being in the final days of a discontinued item

(11 Posts)
Nakedavenger74 Mon 11-Dec-17 05:21:53

I have scrimped and hoarded this wonderful product, the Body Shop's Passionfruit Cleansing Gel. The smell, reminiscent of a teenage summer, gets me though a morning. Im now in the last week of the last bottle's life, it having been discontinued not once but twice, the last time about 3 years ago. I don't know what I'm going to do!

eljay2 Mon 11-Dec-17 05:35:07

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-BRAND-NEW-THE-BODY-SHOP-SHOWER-GELS-MORINGA-PASSION-FRUIT-STRAWBERRY-250ML/282732666924?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Nakedavenger74 Mon 11-Dec-17 05:40:15

Oh bless you @eljay2 but they aren't the ones. It's passion fruit facial cleansing gel. Also I'm in Nz! Bought loads when I heard they were being discontinued 3 years ago and two bottles were secured on our container from the UK 18 months ago. This is the last few uses!

WesternMeadowlark Mon 11-Dec-17 09:47:55

Oh, commiserations, OP, this always makes me sad too!

I used to enjoy trying things from Lush, but they've been so terrible for getting rid of stuff I love that I've decided not to bother with it for anything other than staple items. Ironically, one of the places I've defected to is The Body Shop. But only for makeup so far. I wish I had some passionfruit product ideas for you.

Loyly Mon 11-Dec-17 09:53:20

In the 90s, Boots' Natural Collection had a limited edition body spray line based on the elements. One was called Fire and it was perfectly sweet and spicy. I still miss it and am forever trying to find that same scent somewhere.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 11-Dec-17 14:29:56

I don’t seem to be able to find any Jo Maline wild fig and cassis perfume anymore! I’m very sad.

Nettletheelf Mon 11-Dec-17 15:40:29

A solution is at hand, Beaver. Get to Superdrug and snap up one of the recently discontinued Bloom perfumes (apparently so similar to Jo Malone as to have been challenged by JM, but not sure if that’s true...only launched end of October though so feels weird for them to have been pulled so soon).

The berry, fig and cassis is identical to the Jo Malone wild fig and cassis. The 50ml bottles were reduced to £5 last time I looked.

NavyGold Tue 12-Dec-17 04:05:20

Is it discontinued everywhere or just in the UK?

EnidButton Tue 12-Dec-17 04:54:22

Loyly I remember those! I had Water I think. They did a spray that was a knock off of The Body Shop dewberry spray too. Small town where a Body Shop was the stuff of dreams and magazines so the Boots one was what we all wore instead.

BikeRunSki Tue 12-Dec-17 05:08:26

I am still mourning the discontinuation of the original, proper Body Shop banana conditioner. Not the thin, runny stuff it was replaced with. The itinerary stuff hasn’t been seen since about 1992!

VivaLeBeaver Tue 12-Dec-17 06:31:12

Thanks nettle will go and try that one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: