Talk

Advanced search

What is &Other Stories like?

(19 Posts)
MrsMS Sun 10-Dec-17 14:50:16

Have seen some bits I like but haven't ordered from them before.

peppykoala Sun 10-Dec-17 14:56:47

One of my favourite shops - everything I have had from there has been really great quality, but I've only ever bought in store so not sure what they are like online. I often think if I was only allowed to shop from one place that would be it!

Delatron Sun 10-Dec-17 19:55:11

One of my faves! I do special trips to London to go just there. Bit quirky and unusual. Not boring. Good quality.

Online is good too.

curragh Sun 10-Dec-17 20:58:13

Love their silk shirts and jewellery

cuirderussie Sun 10-Dec-17 23:00:19

Their bags are gorgeous. Some of the clothes a bit young for me (40s) but they're always interesting.

newdocket Mon 11-Dec-17 12:59:30

Really good quality ime. Great stuff that is a bit different

ApplesTheHare Mon 11-Dec-17 13:03:10

Love their stuff. They're my grown up go to shop now I've grown out of beloved Topshop. They've got one in Leeds now so I go more than I should blush

Ryebreadandwine Mon 11-Dec-17 13:05:01

I’m in My mid forties and love it. I visit the store when I’m in London and buy online. Great quality.

GinandGingerBeer Mon 11-Dec-17 13:15:58

Some of its great sone of it I look at and think 'I could get this at Zara for much less'
I love their jewellery & accessories. Knitwear is good too, but the quality of some other stuff when I went to the one in Manchester was a bit poor.

PaperdollCartoon Mon 11-Dec-17 13:16:45

I just don’t get it all. I see them mentioned in the same breath as Cos which I love, whenever I go in I’m not drawn to a single thing. What am I missing?!

bleughhh Mon 11-Dec-17 13:47:27

Ah, you see, I love &Other Stories and hate Cos... think they are totally different style. I really Cos on other people but it always looks dreadful on me!

leedy Mon 11-Dec-17 15:59:19

It's a bit variable - I've got some fabulous bits from there but you definitely have to rummage. Their knitwear and accessories are fab, and they have some very nice makeup.

Also be warned, the sizing is mental: I have clothes that fit me from there in three different sizes - you definitely need to try things on. I'm normally a 12 and had to go up to a 16 in one button-front dress to fit my boobs into it.

Gruach Mon 11-Dec-17 16:06:34

Everything looks wonderful on the website - but it's all so insubstantial and flimsy when I go into the shops ... Despite hours of browsing I've only bought a single scarf since they opened.

(Though the sweet spot in Covent Garden that contains Cos, & Other Stories and Arket does make me very happy indeed.)

GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Mon 11-Dec-17 16:11:02

I always find their stuff is mostly flimsy and man made materials. Plus a lot of things in there they have similar in H&M for much less. I do like their accessories though.

Delatron Mon 11-Dec-17 21:38:10

You see I hate COS and love &other stories. Different tastes I guess.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 11-Dec-17 21:49:49

I have quite a lot of knitwear and really like it - agree that the sizing can be a bit off though. I am also a bit stupid and find the sizing confusing beyond S/M/L and have ended up with a few clangers. Delivery is quick but refunds are slow.

Growingboys Mon 11-Dec-17 23:00:51

I hate it. Cheap-seeming, over-priced stuff that never looks nice on me but looks ace on the hanger. But I know loads of other ppl love it!

MaryLennoxsScowl Tue 12-Dec-17 07:36:51

I've only been able to order online and it's a bit expensive for me so generally wait for the sales, but I would love to go and have a huge trying on spree there. But I don't think they have a single store in Scotland so the expense of getting to a shop would seriously cut down my spending. However, I've liked almost everything I've ordered and although I was alarmed to discover they only give you 14 days to return things, they did give me a refund when I returned a jumper a couple of days late. i think the quality is good too, perhaps it's the contrast to my usual cheaper shops, but you can tell you get better quality when you pay a bit more - clearly if you usually shopped at whistles etc you might already get that quality but I usually can't manage that.

PNGirl Tue 12-Dec-17 09:58:10

Expensive H&M (same parent company).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now