Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How often do you have highlights done?

(11 Posts)
Auvergne Thu 07-Dec-17 22:26:47

As the title says really - I do feel very dark around the roof after six weeks or so.

LockedOutOfMN Thu 07-Dec-17 22:35:43

My hairdresser says 9 weeks. I have gone for longer, though, when either I or the salon have been too busy to fit it in.

Caulk Thu 07-Dec-17 22:38:10

5-6 weeks although I just get any section sometimes.

It often would last another week but my hair is very thick and it needs the cut.

DramaAlpaca Thu 07-Dec-17 22:38:24

I get them done about every three months, but I'm naturally dark blonde so I can get away with leaving it quite a while.

Which reminds me, I must book an appointment to get them done before Christmas.

delilahbucket Thu 07-Dec-17 22:39:32

8 weeks or so. Going to 10 weeks this time round as I missed my appointment. Had it darker last time though so the roots don't show as much.

ShirleyPhallus Thu 07-Dec-17 22:40:35

I have balayage so only every 6 months or so. Dead easy!

JacintaJones Thu 07-Dec-17 23:05:57

Three to four times a year, although I use a golden blonde box dye every six weeks to lift my brunette roots and then have the bleach foils so I'm more or less platinum.

SarahBeeney Thu 07-Dec-17 23:14:47

Every 7 weeks. I have a mobile hairdresser and he does a whole head for £50.

Leviticus Fri 08-Dec-17 00:52:52

It will depend on the difference between the colour of your natural hair vs the highlight. I have quite dark blonde on top of mousy hair so I can eek 3 months out but if I went lighter I couldn't.

stoplickingthetelly Fri 08-Dec-17 09:18:45

I have balayage so every 3-4 months. It's very easy upkeep.

Debby08 Fri 08-Dec-17 12:12:24

Every 8 weeks. My hair isn't that thick so It's so easy to maintain actually.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: