Talk

Advanced search

2018 S&B vows

(18 Posts)
misscheery Thu 07-Dec-17 18:16:38

Hello, everyone!

That time of the year when we all make resolutions for the new year --that we never stick to.
--
Righto. As I won't bore my DP with this crap I decided to bore you all lovely MNetters. My style and beauty resolutions for 2018: (Drums pls)

1. Colour and cut every 3 months. This year I've been pretttttty crap at this
2. Facial every 2 months. This year has been twice. Ffs
3. GYM. 3 times a week, no more excuses, I swear. Need to lose at least 5 kg, ideally 8, as I am starting to look like a female version of Shrek. Nope, not Fiona. Shrek.
4. Stop buying clothes like a fucking idiot and buy only classic, lovely, timeless items in order to build a capsule wardrobe. Also I need to organise my wardrobe better so I can actually find something
5. Stop buying make-up like crazy and only use what I tried and I know for sure it works

What are your 2018 plans S&B related (but not only if want to share anything else with me)

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

Atalune Thu 07-Dec-17 18:23:02

Wardrobe cull
Investigate Botox
Stop buying lip glosses

Wear what I want, when I want to, and try to stop worrying about what I look like.

misscheery Thu 07-Dec-17 18:27:06

@Atalune I just realised I only have 2 lipglosses... I don't need another one, I don't need another one, I don't need another one... can we swap? I can give you a ton a few lipsticksgringringrin

misscheery Thu 07-Dec-17 18:27:39

@RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie I think this is a major issue for me. I always worry. Will people think I'm fat? Will people like this dress? Etc

Atalune Thu 07-Dec-17 18:28:05

Yes I can send you some! I have a drawer full blush

thatmincepiehasgone Thu 07-Dec-17 18:35:38

I will stop buying clothes for the size I want to be.

Girlwiththearabstrap Thu 07-Dec-17 18:39:34

Stop impulse buying after seeing it on someone 3 stone thinner and 2 feet taller on Instagram.
Stop buying nail polishes.
Lose the baby weight so I can dress normally after April/May and not squeeze myself into leggings and tent like tunics.

Snakie Thu 07-Dec-17 18:41:37

Take my make up off at night.
(Though I have pretty much failed to do this for the last 30 years!)

curragh Thu 07-Dec-17 18:41:44

1. Cut every 8 weeks at most
2. Eyebrow tint / shape every 6 weeks
3. Continue with getting through my beauty product stash (no saving things for 'best')
4. Well thought out and versatile clothes purchases only

If I could do all that I'd be pretty happy smile

misscheery Thu 07-Dec-17 18:42:38

@Atalune send them my way, I am sure I can help with your addiction😂😂😂

@thatmincepiehasgone You said it right. I am probably a size 10 now and keep buying a size 8, fuck knows why. Amen to that, either dressing for the size I am OR losing the fucking weight

@Girlwiththearabstrap this whole industry has become crazy, isn't it? Instagram, facebook, beauty bloggers, magazines... it's just so sad that we have standards that are so so so inappropriate. It just makes you want to be perfect and wanting more and more and more clothes, money, bags, jewellery. instead of loving yourself.

misscheery Thu 07-Dec-17 18:44:59

@Snakie you need to do this, otherwise you'll see changes in your skin that you won't like. Buy some nice pads, a make-up remover and a quality cleanser and create a routine. I swear it only takes 2 minutes every night!

@curragh oh yes! Eyebrows! A few years ago mine were horrible! Very thin. In the meantime I found an eyebrow stylist that helped me reach a shape that is natural, pretty thick and I just love it! I just find eyebrows to be the "frame" of your face, such an important part!

Floisme Thu 07-Dec-17 18:58:38

Carry on with this year's resolution and buy second hand as much as possible. It's partly because I'm trying to shop more ethically / sustainably, partly cos I'm likely to either retire or get kicked out in the next couple of years and I want to start adjusting my spending now. And partly because, quite frankly, I can buy much better stuff that way. I'm not going to put a number on it because if I miss it, I'll get disheartened but I reckon around 70% of my clothes were second hand this year and I'd like to continue, if not build on that.

Wear my nice clothes now. Because, without getting morbid, I'm 61 so what, exactly, am I saving them for?

If my hair carries on getting thinner, to grasp the nettle and get it cut, ultra ultra short, a la Vivienne Westwood. My hairdresser is primed grin

BunnyFluffy Thu 07-Dec-17 20:04:50

Well I am due my first child in May. So my 2018 S&B vow is to be a stylish non-frumpy mum grin

wren23091 Thu 07-Dec-17 20:23:49

@curragh, yes yes to the not saving makeup for best - it will not keeps its quality forever, I really need to learn this lesson!

DancingHouse Fri 08-Dec-17 21:11:40

Minimal haircuts (growing out a pixie)
Retin a once or twice a week & sunscreen everyday
Gym 3 times a week
I'm currently on a no spend streak and will try for as long as possible but if I do buy any clothing it will be second hand. Apart from undies, bras and pajamas of which I shouldn't need to replace for several years.

rightknockered Fri 08-Dec-17 21:21:24

To stop buying repeats of stuff I already have in my wardrobe
Organise my wardrobe
Stop buying palettes and use the ones I have
I do not need more nude nail polish

weetabix07 Fri 08-Dec-17 21:25:33

Facial once a month
Nails done once every two months
Actually start looking after myself/skin
Keeping away from shops/online shops unless I really can buy something
Only buy things I really really like
Oh yes and maybe eyelash extensions 👍🏻

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now