Talk

Advanced search

Is some redness after starting buffet normal?

(9 Posts)
retainertrainer Thu 07-Dec-17 09:28:28

I've started my 'the ordinary ' regime. Thought I'd go with one product at a time so applied buffet last night and this morning. Looking a bit red and blotchy now. It's hidden with makeup,no burning or itching.

Does this sound normal? Not sure if I'm sensitive to it or my skins just adjusting.

chartreuse Thu 07-Dec-17 09:34:45

I'm just finishing my first bottle of buffet and have never had any issues with it. I have sensitive skin and have reacted badly to products in the past. Maybe start off using it once a day?

SeptimusClaw Thu 07-Dec-17 09:35:05

sorry really ignorant question - what is buffet?

retainertrainer Thu 07-Dec-17 09:35:57

I hope I'm not sensitive to it,I've got high hopes for it! I'll try once a day and just a drop,I did put quite a bit on last night.

retainertrainer Thu 07-Dec-17 09:36:43

Sep-it's a magical serum from The ordinary that's meant to work wonders.

chartreuse Thu 07-Dec-17 09:53:26

I have had a great experience, I've just ordered another bottle. Try starting slowly and see if it settles down

omBreROSE Thu 07-Dec-17 10:18:50

I heard it can depend on when you put it on your skin. For example, my skin gets a bit flushed on cheeks if my skin is warm from the shower. Also if l use water that is too hot or cold. Any new product has the potential to cause a slight bit of irritation as your skin adapts.
I’m not talking allergies or extreme sensitivity issues- then you’d be wise to stop!
Use a little next time- l like to try things on my forehead first. smile

OydNeverDeclinesGin Thu 07-Dec-17 10:24:07

I had some facial redness that was easily covered by make up when I first started using it. It's completely settled down now and only really lasted a week or so. I did initially use it morning and evening but ultimately I'm too lazy for that and now just use it once a day. Maybe try that?

Gwenhwyfar Thu 07-Dec-17 19:38:56

I've ordered it too, but am finding it hard to apply with the pipette thing. I can't get enough out of the bottle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: