Talk

Advanced search

Make up brand for young teen?

(14 Posts)
Strumpetpumpet Wed 06-Dec-17 21:47:20

Just that really, niece (14) wants make up for Christmas & not being much of a make up wearer (and being 50) I haven't a clue! Can anyone advise on brands? Thanks x

squoosh Wed 06-Dec-17 21:51:21

How much do you want to spend?

Without wanting to sound like a miserable old boot, I don't fully approve of young teens being bought high end makeup products (aside from the odd one off). To me part of being a teen is whiling away Saturday afternoons faffing around at the makeup stands in Boots and Superdrug dreaming of the day you can afford your own Chanel and Guerlain grin

Judashascomeintosomemoney Wed 06-Dec-17 21:53:20

Benefit, Barry M, Nyx, Urban Decay (though that last one is a bit pricey)

stoplickingthetelly Wed 06-Dec-17 21:56:50

Sleek and make up revolution are also good.

SilverLilly Wed 06-Dec-17 21:58:17

Asos have their own make up range now

IggyAce Wed 06-Dec-17 22:05:23

MUA from superdrug have some lovely eyeshadow pallets.

Strumpetpumpet Wed 06-Dec-17 23:31:20

That's fab thank you all! Squoosh I know what you mean, but it is a present & I'd rather get something she'll like rather than impose my (equally miserable old boot!) views! Thanks all x

Opheliasgoldenwine Thu 07-Dec-17 01:01:35

I wasn't 14 tooooo long ago (seven years) grin
I have nieces, cousins etc that age. I recommend:

MAC
NYX
Benefit
Makeup Revolution
Urban Decay
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Becca (highlight)
Kat Von D
Too Faced

There's a range of brands and prices. HTHsmile

squoosh Thu 07-Dec-17 01:30:52

I think teens are really into those Kylie Jenner lip kits too.

stringbean Thu 07-Dec-17 08:32:26

My dd is 13 and is banging on about Morphe eye palettes which you can buy from Beauty Bay (website). Seems to be the thing among her and her friends at the moment.

RoseDog Thu 07-Dec-17 08:34:17

My 14 year old is currently using ELF, Mac and make up revolution...I'm sure next week she will have new favourite brands hmm

M5tothesouthwest Thu 07-Dec-17 08:42:38

All the young teens I know (14 ish) use more expensive brands than I do! Think Urban Decay, Benefit, MAC etc.
Goodness knows how they all afford it! In my day, we made do with Boots 17 or something cheap in Superdrug (I'm mid 30s).

PNGirl Thu 07-Dec-17 09:02:09

I'm 33 and wearing Makeup Revolution eyeshadow today! With a bit of grey Urban Decay from my Naked 2 palettes mixed in.

My best friend got me a Benefit eye kit last Christmas which is lovely. This seems a pretty good deal:

www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/big-beautiful-eyes-eyeshadow-palette

Strumpetpumpet Thu 07-Dec-17 17:33:40

Thank you all, very grateful! I rarely venture beyond boots no 7 so haven't heard of half those brands 😂 Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now