Talk

Advanced search

Curly hair

(10 Posts)
Baileyscheesecake Wed 06-Dec-17 17:47:05

I found an old thread on here a while ago which had tips for curly hair but can't find it again now. It mentioned a technique but can't remember what it was called but was something to do with wrapping hair up after washing. Can anyone enlighten me as to what it was?

Janek Wed 06-Dec-17 17:47:40

Curly girl method.

formerbabe Wed 06-Dec-17 17:47:57

Is it called the curly girl method or have I dreamt that?!

formerbabe Wed 06-Dec-17 17:48:20

Cross post

Baileyscheesecake Wed 06-Dec-17 18:06:24

I've googled the curly girl method en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curly_Girl_Method
but that seems to be more about not using shampoo. The message I read before was more about wrapping your hair up - said what type of material to wrap hair in after washing and how long to leave it wrapped up for. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks

MrsLettuce Wed 06-Dec-17 18:08:00

Plopping?

Baileyscheesecake Wed 06-Dec-17 18:35:39

I think something about wrapping hair in a long sleeved t shirt?

CurlsLDN Wed 06-Dec-17 18:37:33

You mean plopping, if you google that it will explain the technique, you are right it involves a t-shirt

Baileyscheesecake Wed 06-Dec-17 19:37:41

Thanks CurlsLDN and Mrs Lettuce. Yes I think that must be it. I've found this on the internet that explains it pretty well. www.buzzfeed.com/augustafalletta/plopping-is-the-best-kept-secret-for-perfect-natural-curls?utm_term=.mkVLDEorL#.oczVdJE0V Here's hoping it works!!!! smile

hendricksyousay Wed 06-Dec-17 19:47:52

It works for my hair , I use cantu products !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now