Talk

Advanced search

Best product for natural lip colour

(17 Posts)
rachelracket Wed 06-Dec-17 17:22:17

I'm new to lips. and makeup in general actual. what's the best brand/product for a natural and lazy gal who wants a bit of brightening up? also how the hell do you choose a colour?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 06-Dec-17 17:29:24

Look at your lips, what undertone they have?

A good place to start would be Clinique, their chubby sticks and very good for a bit of colour.

rachelracket Wed 06-Dec-17 20:30:20

oh g*d how do i know undertone confused i've googled and done what they said but i still don't know. I'm pale!!

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 06-Dec-17 20:43:18

Ok, look in the mirror. maybe now now, do it in the morning when it's light.

Are you lips pink? Mauvey? Red? Look carefully and you'll see it. But look at your lips, not your face.

Or ask at the counter, try a few, have fun.

Burt's bees have lovely pigmented balms that will work too.

MissTeri Wed 06-Dec-17 21:12:08

Rodial Glamsticks are lovely in my opinion, they have some gorgeous neutral shades. They're not matte though if you were looking for a matter lipstick.

If you're unsure of colours maybe have a look at some of the Make Up Revolution lipsticks, super affordable and the formula for the price is pretty good - might be best to buy a few cheaper ones to find which kind of shades you'd prefer before investing in a more expensive brand.

pharp Thu 07-Dec-17 02:00:04

You need to try some on. A lot of pinks look lovely but when I put them on my lips look a completely different colour

mowglik Thu 07-Dec-17 02:51:33

Try Dior addict lip glow, it works with your pH I believe to produce a colour that is natural looking It lasts a long time too despite being a lip balm of sorts

LivingInTheSeventies Thu 07-Dec-17 03:30:49

Clinique black honey. Suits EVERYONE! They stopped making it but started again. It’s the only makeup I buy 2 of at a time and have kept going back to it since the 90s.

Just slightly darkens your natural colour with a slight sheen.

Pannacott Thu 07-Dec-17 03:55:47

I really like the Burts Bees tinted lip balms. I like rose, dahlia and another lighter pink coral one, can't remember the name. Extremely easy to wear.

dentalplanlisaneedsbraces Thu 07-Dec-17 04:38:02

Have a look at Luk Beautifood lip sticks. They are all natural and look very natural too.

rachelracket Thu 07-Dec-17 11:22:58

@LivingInTheSeventies thanks for the recommendation! i remember reading about this on another thread. does it have a matte finish?

rachelracket Thu 07-Dec-17 11:25:13

sorry everyone i should have specified I'm a tinted lip balm aficionado! I'm looking for a bit more of a big girl product #brave

i suppose i look at people who look good in a bright colour and think 🤔 how did you manage that?!

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 07-Dec-17 11:27:33

Bobbi brown art sticks and the Crushed lipsticks are more pigmented than a balm, quite matte too, esp, the art sticks.
Last quite well too.

LivingInTheSeventies Thu 07-Dec-17 13:17:26

Hmm, I have no idea if it comes in matte sorry. The sheen is subtle if that helps! I think it’s a nice step up from tinted lip balm.

Aridane Thu 07-Dec-17 13:40:04

I like the Lancome lip oils - you shake to mix, apply with sponge applicator. Moisturises lips and leaves behind a stain

Pannacott Fri 08-Dec-17 08:17:08

Oh you mean natural ingredients, not natural looking colour! Right, that's pretty easy too.

If you've got friends who wear bright lipsticks, have a borrow (if you're not the type to obsess about germs, no cold sores obvs). Put it on without other make up, to really check how the colour looks on you. It's very exciting! Try a pillar box red, a bright orangey one, a dark berry, a true bold pink, a proper purply plum. They won't all suit you but some will depending on your colouring. Once you know what colours you like move on to textures and naturals brands - Sorry can't help you there.

And once you wear them a couple of times, you'll just be one of us women who wear bold lipsticks. It's great. You need to do more subtle eye makeup with a bold lip, I expect you know that.

PeaceLoveAndDixie Fri 08-Dec-17 08:38:20

I love Aveda ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now