Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Buffet Serum by The Ordinary

(10 Posts)
JontyDoggle37 Wed 06-Dec-17 14:03:46

I started using the Buffet Serum about 3 weeks ago (the weaker one of the two strengths available as I have sensitive skin) and was just wondering what effect other people have seen with it. I was hoping for wrinkle reduction and more hydrated looking skin... there might have been a slight improvement on fine wrinkles, but skin is drier than normal, and a bit more red too. I know it’s coincided with cold winter weather, so some of that may be to blame, but feeling a bit disappointed at the moment - especially as I bought two bottles after how much other people raved about it! Hoping people will say it takes over a month to really see effects!

newdocket Wed 06-Dec-17 14:08:33

I've used it for a while but have to say I have seen no effects whatsoever!

omBreROSE Wed 06-Dec-17 14:37:28

I’ve been using it for around 3 weeks.
I don’t find it very nice to put on, doesn’t feel very silky. However, my skin has improved. It is much softer.
I think you are right, odd time of year to experiment as our skin is probably not at its best!
I’m also using the squalane oil, the Rosehip and the caffeine. Plus the NMF. I’m hesitant to try any of the stronger bottles! grin

CJCreggsGoldfish Wed 06-Dec-17 14:40:45

I added The Buffet to my routine after using a couple other Ordinary products for a few months. It did make a difference to me - it just seems to perk my skin up abut. I can't pinpoint exactly what it does (helpfully) but my skin definitely looks better with it. Are you using any other Ordinary products?

Tantpoke Wed 06-Dec-17 15:02:21

I tend to only use it after applying more active products like retinol or azaelic acid. I don't really like the texture tbh its a bit sticky for me, but I like to think its doing some good. Not sure if I will repurchase but my skin is drier than normal atm because of all the central heating and cold weather so I'm happy for its comfort as an extra protective layer

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 06-Dec-17 15:14:46

My skin was tighter than a drum skin last week when it was really cold here.

3 weeks isn't a long time in skin care surely?.

omBreROSE Wed 06-Dec-17 16:33:49

Fluffy
A few months at least.
I know lm guilty of abandoning products when l get bored. Total waste of money and time.
I’m preserving with the ordinary as it is inexpensive. smile

nigelschristmasham Wed 06-Dec-17 16:47:35

It makes my sink look perkier I think. That plus the hyularonic moisturiser. He the best thing is the caffeine eye schizzle. Only eye product I've ever found that makes a difference to my extreme dark circles

JontyDoggle37 Fri 08-Dec-17 05:34:19

fluffy I wasn’t sure if 3 weeks was long or not - some products I’ve felt/seen a difference in a couple of days - like this week I started using cocoa butter on my hands and they’re transformed.
CJ I’m not using any other products yet, my skin can be so reactive I only dare to try one thing at a time.
Tantpoke I’m avoiding the retinol as I think that’s the one that says avoid sun exposure while wearing - I’m outside quite a bit as I have a horse and a dog, so although I’ve alwaus got spf on that one worried me a bit.
Thanks ladies - I think i’ll Keep going until after Christmas with it and see what it’s like by then.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 08-Dec-17 07:33:37

I'm sure I've read in the past that products need a few months use before you decide but most of us give them a few weeks.

If you think that young skin turns over every month then older skin must take longer.

The only time I stop early us if I get a spate of irritated red spots, I know my skins "fgs stop" signals now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: