Talk

Advanced search

Straw poll: on an important night out would you wear:

(15 Posts)
OldBook Wed 06-Dec-17 07:32:26

I have an important night out and really really want to feel like I look my best and at my most confident.

Would you wear:

1. The dress you know looks great that is your go-to, but you've worn it lots of times before and it is starting to show

2. A brand new dress that you really like but still haven't worn out so are not 100% confident that it will feel good to wear

3. Your most flattering dress, but it requires wearing control undies and being super careful about keeping your stomach sucked in and might be a little dressy for the occasion

Interested in what you would all do?

I know I am over thinking this blush but someone I have been NC with will be there and I know that if I feel good about how I am looking I'll feel more confident about the overall situation

Mrswinkler Wed 06-Dec-17 07:35:01

Can you wear your most flattering dress but dress it down a bit in some way so it's not so dressy? Otherwise b I think. Can you get a second opinion on b from friends?

annandale Wed 06-Dec-17 07:36:38

Something new, with the old favourite as a fall back. No bloody control pants, they don't look good. Wear something that fits.

Balloondog Wed 06-Dec-17 07:44:36

B - it might become your new favourite and what's the point in having a lovely new dress if you don't wear it?

BusterGonad Wed 06-Dec-17 07:50:59

Your new dress! What gives you more confidence than a brand new dress!

Mulberrysilk Wed 06-Dec-17 08:22:57

2. Brand new dress that you really like.

I've made the mistake of going for tried and tested but showing its age and regetted it. I didn't feel well turned out.

Life is too short for control pants and overdressed is as bad as underdressed.

lynmilne65 Wed 06-Dec-17 08:25:10

B go for it !

thedevilinablackdress Wed 06-Dec-17 10:31:17

1 or 2. Probably 2, go for it. Definitely nothing involving control pants.

OldPony Wed 06-Dec-17 11:25:18

Defo brand new dress

Tryingtogetitright Wed 06-Dec-17 11:31:15

Option 2.
Definitely not 3 - you want to be comfortable not squished and worrying you're overdressed.

Can you wear your new dress around the house for an hour - test out sitting / walking / dancing to check you're comfy? If it turns out to be no good go for Option 4 - buy another new dress smile

TheWorldIsMyCakePop Wed 06-Dec-17 13:03:26

B - give it a test run as suggested at home and show them how awesome you are wink

TheWorldIsMyCakePop Wed 06-Dec-17 13:04:18

I mean 2 It's been a long day already

SpoonfulOfJam Wed 06-Dec-17 13:22:27

Try option b out, go for a drink or dinner midweek see how you feel in it. Alter accessories if needed.

Then rock it on your big night out.

Tantpoke Wed 06-Dec-17 13:26:24

Yes definitely B, take a shawl or something to cover up with if you start to feel uncomfortable but most likely after a few drinks you won't care less and will feel like the goddess you are fwink

Floisme Wed 06-Dec-17 15:05:39

The new dress but I'd test drive it somewhere else first, even if it was only to the coffee shop.

Def not 3 - I don't mind control underwear but no way am I holding my stomach in all night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now