Talk

Advanced search

Anyone go straight out on their christmas do from work? What to wear?

(8 Posts)
NapQueen Tue 05-Dec-17 22:53:05

Work dress code generally is smart/casual, no sportswear. I usually wear a tunic with either leggings or jeggings and either flat boots or ballet flats.

Christmas do is a meal in the afternoon in the City then drinks after. Everyone is going straight from work.

So I need something that works for a night out but not ott for work. And the whole place closes for two weeks so I dpnt want to have to leave a change of clothes at work for a fortnight.

Glitteryfrog Wed 06-Dec-17 07:39:26

Last year I wore
Thick black tights, faux leather mini (not too mini) and a slightly sparkly jumper with ankle boots.

ChocolateCakeandTeaPlease Wed 06-Dec-17 08:21:03

I worse something similar to glitterfrog last year but with a chiffon top tucked into leather mini skirt.

This year tights, boots and sparkly woolen jumper dress I think.

I don't think it really matters if you're slightly over dressed for work whereas you might feel a bit uncomfortable if you're underdressed for your night out, so I'd err on the side of dressed up.

nornironlady Wed 06-Dec-17 08:33:03

Same here, tights, pvc skirt and lace top tucked in with ankle boots.
I'm not sure anyone in work bats an eyelid on these days, it would be quite common where I work for others to come dressed up for heading out later. It happens weekly, not just Christmas.
Couldn't you swap the tunic for a dress and leggings/jeggings for tights? Maybe just bring some different shoes? It's my make-up I have issue carrying around as I wouldn't normally carry any to work.

Floisme Wed 06-Dec-17 08:39:13

I'm probably wearing dark blue skinnies, lightweight sparkly jumper, dark blue fitted, velvet blazer. I might upgrade the jeans - I thought I skinnies and I were over - but they do work well with the blazer. I'm in a public facing role that day and it wouldn't look right if I were too dressed up and I'm far too idle to bring a change of clothes. That's for a meal and drinks - nothing hardcore.

thedevilinablackdress Wed 06-Dec-17 09:56:48

We do this, people dress up as much or as little as they like. Some subtle like PP, some full on party.

DontCallMeCharlotte Wed 06-Dec-17 13:32:06

There may be someone in this office wearing fishnets under their jeggings and tunic in readiness...

PNGirl Wed 06-Dec-17 13:43:12

I normally do black skinny jeans, black heeled ankle boots, swishy coat, sparkly top, jewellery. I change into the sparkles and jewellery then leave the work top at work - would that be ok for a couple of weeks if it's just one top?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now